The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Just bought the game but having an issue with it conflicting with Discord. I can't use push to talk in Discord because the game is apparently launching as administrator... Why on earth is it doing this?! I don't want to have to start doing workarounds with Discord just to play this using voice comms with friends :confused:

Man of Honour
Just bought the game but having an issue with it conflicting with Discord. I can't use push to talk in Discord because the game is apparently launching as administrator... Why on earth is it doing this?! I don't want to have to start doing workarounds with Discord just to play this using voice comms with friends :confused:

If your friends are in the same clan as you then you have an ingame voicechat you can use (2 channels , each upto 25 clanmembers). Its not discord but its an option if you're having issues.

Soldato
Looking at upgrading my system to something along the lines of what you’ve got there.

What sort of FPS does it kick this out at 1440p?

I've not really messed around with it much to be honest (both in game and in terms of overclocking/undervolting the GPU etc) but on medium settings with DX12 enabled I'm getting between 110 and 125 FPS.

Associate
What a master piece in the graphics department at 4k specially on the missions and main missions, loving this game for the first time in years I can honestly say bf series can finally do one , I am done with it once and for all, Division is my new toy my crew can't put this down there seems so much to do :)

Happy days

Soldato
We level 6 now :) and should have tier 2 vendor tomorrow I reckon :)

I got some nice 15% armour on kill equipment from our vendor.

Also I been popping heads like crazy but our head kill count is stuck at zero, dont know if a bug or it needs to be specific fights, it just say skirmishes tho so I assume any fight.

Soldato
Cheers. Does the freesync make a noticeable difference in smoothness?

Difficult to say to be honest - when I first switched to the freesync panel I thought I noticed a difference but that could have just been me wanting to see a difference!

It is very smooth and DX12 has made a very noticeable difference in TD2 - all in all I'm well pleased with the upgrade!

jpm

jpm

Associate
@robfosters I got a 144hz freesync monitor and get average of 90fps with it dipping into the 70s and going up into the 100s and that's on a ultra (excepts shadows, that's high) and its smooth as butter.

I came from a bog standard 60hz monitor so even if it dropped a frame it would stutter and get awful screen tear, Its night and day for me.

Associate
only few spaces left, I sent MustyPie an invite.

You can give me your username as well and I will see if its possible to invite you, if it is I will leave the invite in place with 49 members.

Uplay name is Dr.Fate_OC

Looks like I might be late to number 2, I'll look for number 3 once I get the right missions done!

Cheers

Associate
What key if any to hold your breath before taking a shot with the sniper rifle which I have also acquired?

don't know if there is one, don't think so. I use an xbox 360 controller, so wouldn't be an option for me. Also, removing the 12x scope or switching to a different scope or sight, one which doesn't zoom, means you won't get that sway or movement when you aim. Feels a little weird to begin with because you can't see the target as clearly but, with the current 12x mechanic (view resets after each shot), it's more efficient. Also makes it easier to track targets when they move.

ps, on another topic, something i've noticed in missions is loot in a cage with a door you can't open, and it's usually pretty good loot. Look for some kind of electrical junction box in the area, might be a few meters away, and shoot it & the door opens.

Soldato
don't know if there is one, don't think so. I use an xbox 360 controller, so wouldn't be an option for me. Also, removing the 12x scope or switching to a different scope or sight, one which doesn't zoom, means you won't get that sway or movement when you aim. Feels a little weird to begin with because you can't see the target as clearly but, with the current 12x mechanic (view resets after each shot), it's more efficient. Also makes it easier to track targets when they move.

ps, on another topic, something i've noticed in missions is loot in a cage with a door you can't open, and it's usually pretty good loot. Look for some kind of electrical junction box in the area, might be a few meters away, and shoot it & the door opens.
Cheers will try that but why there is not a key to hold your breath is a bit daft.
Ihave not come across that sort if door, I have found ones with bike type locks on which I shoot off though for some reason it was a while before I found that was the way to open these cages, doh.

Associate
Ihave not come across that sort if door, I have found ones with bike type locks on which I shoot off though for some reason it was a while before I found that was the way to open these cages, doh.

those locks (on a metal door to a cage) start appearing around level 20 or so.

ps, those regular bicycle locks which are all over the place, i wish they would let you melee those open instead of having to shoot them, especially since it can alert nearby enemies.

Back
Top Bottom