Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I might hold off then.

Really it's just a re-release of the raptors I need to watch for, I'm not planning to get many more black legion, well in the short term. Part of me thinks they wont redo the raptors/warp talons anyway, but could be wrong.

I still got, 10 cultists, 10 neophyte hybrids and, 4 berzerkers to paint, plus the metal chaos lord, so plenty to keep me going, I would say at least a month.

Then I'll work on the chaos deamon detachment, gonna get a soul grinder and a couple of deamon princes, can't wait. But not before I paint the afore mentioned, I am strict with myself on that.

Soldato
You could always have a look at the Night Lords Night Raptors on Forgeworld. Not sure how the models scale in size to new 40k models but they are really good and may do a job for you.

Soldato
I'm getting Chaos Cultist fatigue lol.

Painted 13, and nearly done another 5, got another 12 to do, to make 30 in total.

They are taking ages because, well one I'm putting effort in, but second I'm not painting them in uniform, I figure they are like local militia, so whilst the colours are similar (browns, Grey's, dark greens etc) they are all different.

Caporegime
Done 20 so far, but...all had to be at least partially repainted. When I varnished (munitorium varnish) the body armour on them turned pink!

So it feels like 40.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Each one feels like a character for the level of detail that they require. Individual armour plates and straps on their boots, chin straps, webbing. Teeeeeeeny aquila on their chests.

Marines man...So simple, so big!

Soldato
I've got a bunch of Khorne (part of my Daemons army) but I'm determined not to get the new stuff yet, as I've got so many other models to paint first (including finishing of the Lord of Skulls), and I'm currently trying to get Titans ready for end of June.
I've got the Wrath and Rapture set, but they've already updated the warscroll cards for at least Bloodcrushers, if not more. Determined to finish what I have before I buy any more models, though.

Soldato
I really want to get into this Chaos release, but I've only just started to paint my Death Guard that I've been slowly stockpiling.

A Black Legion or Khorne based marine/daemon army is so incredibly tempting :(

Edit - I hope to live vicariously through you gents that are purchasing and painting the models :D

Soldato
I'm doing a black legion CSM army at the moment, but of the new releases I know about, only obliterators are in my proposed list. I'm not having abbadon or regular black legion space marines.

I'm just waiting to see if Raptors/Warp Toalons get a new release but I can't see it if I'm honest.

Caporegime
Is running a Castellan in a 1k game just too much cheese?

Pask in a punisher with hb and hb sponsons.

3 infantry squads with grenade launchers.

Knight castellan.

999 points.

Could get one in a 750 i think...

Last edited:
Soldato
I think from a purely objective point of view, it could be considered cheesy.

From a personal point of view I wouldn't mind one bit if I faced it.

Back
Top Bottom