New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
I hadn't seen this thread before but had noticed the server moved to vanilla. I've built a variant of Cubfans soul sand Guardian farm on another server and it does work well and you can fully repair picks in a minute or 2. Though you just have to make sure particles effects are set to low/off as that amount of bubble columns absolutely tanks fps.

Associate
@haaammit I put an ice rail on the top of the nether that goes to the mushroom biome.
It starts at the gold farm and has a few turns and a couple of stops.
Theres also a portal to a desert along the way.
Also before i was able to break bedrock i put another ice rail through the nether at about y120
that stops just before the ladder to the gold farm that breaks through the bedrock.

@Greboth that might of been the one i was looking at before.
The last time i made a farm i had to drain the entire area.
This one looks much easier.

Soldato
OP
@coltus Cheers - I'm currently ig and seen you put the portal up and bored through the bedrock. I realise the video link about it I put up a few posts ago was wrong, but there was a link to the one I meant to post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSN1r8-vMN0) I was going to see about making the hole bigger to get some mooshrooms through, but that seems like a lot of work, so I'm going to try using minecarts and pistons to shove them through - I'll update if it works!

@Greboth yar - there was no-one playing on the modded server, so vanilla is where we are at! I'll look into Cubfan's design at some point. I usually have particles off anyway via Optifine :)

~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~

That went a lot faster than I was expecting! Using a combination of boats, minecarts and pistons, I have a couple of Mooshies up on the roof. I temporarily disabled the lower portal @coltus so I had less distance to move the Mooshies, but I've reinstated it back to how it was.

First I got a Mooshie into the Nether, then put it into a minecart that I then positioned on a block with a piston under it pointing up. After removing the rail the minecart sits on the block, so but using the piston I could hoist the cart up through the hole that Coltus had made earlier. This technique is a lot faster then trying to make a bigger hole in the bedrock. I'm breeding the Mooshies up so there will be a stock of them. GG - Ham

Me and Mooshie in a boat!

e98LlTe.png

Ready to ascend!!

egFExrs.png

Pop! Onto the ceiling!

9QngxoT.png

In a pen, ready for breeding!

XrKIg9T.png

Last edited:
Associate
@haaammit Thanks for the mooshrooms :D

Should have said it earlier but i thought i would catch you ingame. Seems we are on at different times.

Have you decided on any designs for the Guardian farm?

Also has rain been disabled? i don't think i've seen it rain once since i first started playing.

Soldato
OP
@haaammit Thanks for the mooshrooms :D

Should have said it earlier but i thought i would catch you ingame. Seems we are on at different times.

Have you decided on any designs for the Guardian farm?

Also has rain been disabled? i don't think i've seen it rain once since i first started playing.

I havnt seen it rain once!

NP Monty - hope they are useful! Not decided on a design yet, been a bit busy with personal stuff and work. If you fancy tackling it, be my guest, if not I'll crack on in the next few weeks or so!

No, rain isn't disabled, and also doweathercycle is true. Now you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen it rain either! There aren't any settings that I can see that overrides the weather. We're on Spigot 1.13.2 and our plugins are CoreProtect, GriefPrevention, UltimateTimber, ProtocolLib and Supervanish, plus I added the Hermit One Person Sleep datapack, so there should be nothing in any of those that should affect the weather.

I've done some searches, and this doesn't seem to be a common problem, so I've posted on a few support forums to see if I can work out why we don't get weather cycles - if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Cheers - Ham

Soldato
OP
Okies - so after some research, the one person sleep datapack sets the weather to clear for 999999 seconds, effectively stopping rain for ever. I have updated the datapack so we should now have vanilla style weather.

FWIW here is the info: https://github.com/Plagiatus/datapacks/tree/master/multiplayer_sleep under Further Info. Use Notepad++ to open the skip.mcfunction file and replace it with the suggested one. This should now make the weather normal - please let me know either here, ig, or via Discord if this has worked - cheers - Ham :)

Soldato
OP
@haaammit Woo Hoo We have rain. That fix did the trick :D

Coolio - glad that fixed it. I've had rain ig too, so happy days!

I've finally made a proper start on my home. I've been living in a clear, flat area for way too long, and my storage is getting out of control. I've not done a castle for a while, so that's what I've been working on. In the past, I've just used stone bricks - I've really tried to add some detail with cracked bricks, mossy bricks, stone and polished andesite. There are windows and a whole load more details to go in, but the basic outline is done. I'd appreciate any feedback on the basic detail stuff so far.

Anyhoo - feel free to jump in - catch you ig. Ham

JzuJ7Ot.png

UUMLBQe.png

Soldato
Looks nice Ham although hard to see the difference in the textures from range.

I often wonder what monty is building he seems to be on so much!

Also: I am after some elytra.. and by that I dont mean gift/trade... I want to find some... If anyone is up for some end busting with me?!

Soldato
OP
Looks nice Ham although hard to see the difference in the textures from range.

I often wonder what monty is building he seems to be on so much!

Also: I am after some elytra.. and by that I dont mean gift/trade... I want to find some... If anyone is up for some end busting with me?!

ty ty! Knowing Monty, loads of farms I would think lol!

I have Elytras but I want to get more shulker shells, so would be up for some end busting. You can either borrow an elytra or we'll do it with blocks an epearls, don't mind which. It would probably be prudent to kill the lizard again to open up another end gateway portal, and I want to collect more dragon's breath anyways. Let me know :)

Associate
I've finally made a proper start on my home. I've been living in a clear, flat area for way too long, and my storage is getting out of control. I've not done a castle for a while, so that's what I've been working on. In the past, I've just used stone bricks - I've really tried to add some detail with cracked bricks, mossy bricks, stone and polished andesite. There are windows and a whole load more details to go in, but the basic outline is done. I'd appreciate any feedback on the basic detail stuff so far.

Hey Ham,

Not been on lately, very busy with work. For your castle I would suggest a couple of tiers of arrowslits for each side of the towers, and arched windows as you've already planned for the other walls. Probably a lot of extra work but i would have the cracked and mossy make up the majority of the brickwork, maybe even include some mossy cobble to give a very well worn look in places. With there being rain now, it will need to be more weathered :)

Associate
Thought i would give the coords of the end cities i have already been to.
End city & ship x1686,z-2845
End city x40,z-5438

One of the gateway portals is really close to the end city and ship at x1495,z-2830 and the other gateway portal places you about x820,z-562.

I tend to mark places i've been with jack o'lanterns, so if you see one i've probably been there.

Soldato
OP
I spent aaages running around looking for a jungle. So long without flying :D

I did find a ship with a jack o lantern on its mast, was that you?

Did you find a jungle? I have coords of one if not. Have you got wings yet, or you still up for an end bashing session?

If it was a jack o lantern then it probably was Monty (if you visit his base, and seen previous bases of his, you'll know why lol!!!!)

Ham

Soldato
Did you find a jungle? I have coords of one if not. Have you got wings yet, or you still up for an end bashing session?

If it was a jack o lantern then it probably was Monty (if you visit his base, and seen previous bases of his, you'll know why lol!!!!)

Ham

I still didn’t find one. Haven’t been back to the end yet either. I use that map that you use and it is so helpful for exploring :)

Soldato
Ok so tonight I had time to properly hit the end.. Spent a good time looking around Montys new portal but didnt find much. Went back through another portal and quickly found an end city... No ship and it had been looted but there was a shulker there so I decided I had to take it on as practice( I havnt been in the end on full survival before). Dispatched of it fairly easily so full of confidence I carried on... and on... and on... until eventually I saw a purple outline of a ship appearing on the minimap. Finally... No evidence of past looting and the minimap fills up with shulkers. This looks promising... Nerd pole my way up next to it until I spot my foe, a shulker on the side of the boat. I thought I would be quick enough at building to block it... But who knew the missiles can go around corners?!!? So I float myself above the ship and start getting concerned about my height until.... SPLAT...

This time I run back equipped with a shield.. I know where to go and the plan is set.

My first ever set :)

Now to get off this boat...

Thats fine I will just fly off...

OH **** I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FLY....SPLAT

Followed by the most intense run back hoping that they do not despawn..

But we got home with them in the end. And that is my story for tonight.

TLDR I got elytra and died a lot. (my first deaths on this server I think.)

Associate
@LewisRaz Always satisfying when you accomplish your goal by yourself :D.

Make sure you get Unbreaking 3 and mending on your elytra asap. Gives you a bit more range and get a stack of fireworks makes flying much more fun.

Soldato
OP
@LewisRaz Nice one! I find the minimap an invaluable tool and rarely play without one. Well done one acquiring your Elytra - they make exploring so much faster.

Shulkers are a bit of a bugger - I use armour with Projectile Protection on, and a set of Eltyra incase of falls. A water bucket is essential, for both dissuading Endermen, but also to put on the floor under you when you get hit by a Shulker bullet, so you can land safely. Ender Pearls also can limit fall height if you lob them under ledges etc if you get hit. It's worth noting there is a potion of slow falling in the game made with Phantom membranes. I've not tried them End busting before.

Now you have your wings you will need, as Monty says, firework rockets! Make them with one gunpowder to one paper. There are 3 flight durations available, but flight duration 1 seems to be the most controllable. There's the generic mob farm for gunpowder but you'll have to grow your own sugar cane! To fly with the Elytra, tap space whilst falling and you'll start gliding. Using a rocket mid flight will give you a speed boost - look around to change direction. Be careful not to fly into things as you'll experirence kinetic energy, which is bad lol!!

I have a mending villager for 10 ems, which is awesome cheap. My Unbreaking 3 villager is 44 ems though!! I have a spare of each book, so I'll drop you off a set next time I'm on and you can enchant your Elytra!

Again - good work!! Laters - Ham

Soldato
@LewisRaz Nice one! I find the minimap an invaluable tool and rarely play without one. Well done one acquiring your Elytra - they make exploring so much faster.

Shulkers are a bit of a bugger - I use armour with Projectile Protection on, and a set of Eltyra incase of falls. A water bucket is essential, for both dissuading Endermen, but also to put on the floor under you when you get hit by a Shulker bullet, so you can land safely. Ender Pearls also can limit fall height if you lob them under ledges etc if you get hit. It's worth noting there is a potion of slow falling in the game made with Phantom membranes. I've not tried them End busting before.

Now you have your wings you will need, as Monty says, firework rockets! Make them with one gunpowder to one paper. There are 3 flight durations available, but flight duration 1 seems to be the most controllable. There's the generic mob farm for gunpowder but you'll have to grow your own sugar cane! To fly with the Elytra, tap space whilst falling and you'll start gliding. Using a rocket mid flight will give you a speed boost - look around to change direction. Be careful not to fly into things as you'll experirence kinetic energy, which is bad lol!!

I have a mending villager for 10 ems, which is awesome cheap. My Unbreaking 3 villager is 44 ems though!! I have a spare of each book, so I'll drop you off a set next time I'm on and you can enchant your Elytra!

Again - good work!! Laters - Ham
@LewisRaz Always satisfying when you accomplish your goal by yourself :D.

Make sure you get Unbreaking 3 and mending on your elytra asap. Gives you a bit more range and get a stack of fireworks makes flying much more fun.
Well chuffed. Getting used to flying. Can get into the air from the ground... Some times :D

I will admit to visiting Haamland last night... Its an absolute death trap at night :D

Your mending villager was very willing to trade me a book :)

Spent a little while at the ender ender this morning with a stack of books and got unbreaking 3 so no I am good to go!

Back
Top Bottom