ebay thread - yeah i know but i'm not sure about it.

Caporegime
exactly he's praying on morons.

Preying. He's preying on morons people who might fall for it, like those who spend more time in the real world than online, or the elderly, or those who don't have the experience or internet presence to know of these things.

Shock horror as there are other reasons people might be susceptible for these things than being morons ;)

Soldato
Literally this is all I would need to know to be telling them to do one and reporting him/her/it.

I sold something to a guy yesterday who said bank transfers can also be reversed if you call the bank within 24hours... Any truth in that? Always gets suggested as the "safe" option in these threads.

yeah it was a bit odd - he talked very quick and brushed over it before i could really question him.

Anyhoo, talked to ebay, reported the guy and also started a late payment thing, but it has to be 4 days before i can cancel and re-list.
Irritating.

i'm pretty sure thats not true

Bank transfers can be reversed but not always and it takes a few days.

If you contact your bank they will investigate & contact the recipient bank. If the recipient bank agrees to return the money then you get it back.

Mrs did it last May when she was paying off the balances of our wedding costs off. She'd made about 4 payments already and sent the 5th payment to the 4th's account details in error. (About £470). She called out bank who said they'd do as above. 3 days later the cash was back in our account.

Soldato
and the correct answer to this is once they've paid in 9 days time, thank them for payment and inform them the next available shipping date is in 9 days time...
Excellent plan. I thought about just selling the RAM to someone else and saying I forgot because it had been so long. But eBay buyers are at an unfair advantage.

Back
Top Bottom