Possible problem with myHermes, can anyone please advise

Associate
What level of insurance do Parcel2go / Hermes provide? Did you take out any extra cover at the time you booked the collection? Have a word with parcel2go and see what you're covered for

Soldato
OP
What level of insurance do Parcel2go / Hermes provide? Did you take out any extra cover at the time you booked the collection? Have a word with parcel2go and see what you're covered for

Fully protected for the £270 value.

I have opened a claim against Parcel2Go that is currently in review. A Parcel2Go agent did say I was only covered up to £200 per package due to their terms and conditions on amplifiers and speakers, then I pointed out I sent 2 packages, 1 speaker per package. The speakers were 22kg each once inside their separate box's.

Caporegime
One thing. You will have to compensate the buyer. He's done nothing wrong.

Did he check the package and refuse delivery or have hermes just put that on? What ever happened he won't get the product he ordered so you need to refund.

Youll now have to try/hope to get compensation from hermes via parcel2go. Good. Luck, they will try and wriggle out of it.

This is why I almost never buy insurance. Its so hard to get compensation for it.

Soldato
OP
Did he check the package and refuse delivery or have hermes just put that on? What ever happened he won't get the product he ordered so you need to refund.

I spoke to him, and he says no one phoned him, or contacted him.

He did mention he lived above another business and this happens often. It's possible the other business rejected the parcels.

The parcels had not been opened as my original tape and packaging labels were intact. The box's had been torn and looked bashed up on the corners however, inner foam packaging was all broken from crush damage.

Soldato
I have spoken to both eBay and PayPal who say they won't compensate, and I will have to refund the buyer.

Yep.

Can anyone give any advice on above, other then don't use myHermes again.

Yes. Always make sure you're fully insured especially for that amount of money don't trust it to the vagaries of the post/couriers. At this point though you best you can do is cross your fingers and keep pressing it till exhausted. Frankly knowing this particular company though my only surprise is that it ever made its way back to you at all.

Soldato
The buyer has opened a case against me saying items have not arrived.

I don't understand why you wouldn't give him his money back? You have the speakers yourself, so you know he doesn't.

There's probably a thread on a forum somewhere about a guy that bought some speakers on eBay, they never arrived and the scamming eBay seller is refusing a refund.

Soldato
Saw this coming from the first post. In fact I was suprised the first part wasn't the bit about the damage.

NEVER send such valuable items via a company such as hermes. Just not worth the risk. There is a reason why they are so cheap and it isn't that they take lots of care and attention to peoples packages.

Hope you get your money back.

Can't type for toffee
Don
I spoke to him, and he says no one phoned him, or contacted him.

He did mention he lived above another business and this happens often. It's possible the other business rejected the parcels.

The parcels had not been opened as my original tape and packaging labels were intact. The box's had been torn and looked bashed up on the corners however, inner foam packaging was all broken from crush damage.

If the external packaging was damaged then why on earth did you accept and sign for them?
You'll probably find that their T+Cs advise that the signature is proof of safe delivery including the condition.

Let us know how this pans out mate but I'm not too optimistic

As above however despite all of this shenanigans and back and forth you firstly need to refund the buyer

Back
Top Bottom