Dodgy dealings with ASRock

Associate
Is it normal for a motherboard manufacturer to request notes only are to be left in a blank envelope. Then threaten me with 21% tax for non-compliance?

tATNmNJ.png

It feels a bit weird... and annoying to have to ask for euros at the post office. To pay a massive electronics giant.

I managed to pay Asus £15 (including VAT) via BACS a while ago.

Soldato
Is it normal for a motherboard manufacturer to request notes only are to be left in a blank envelope. Then threaten me with 21% tax for non-compliance?

tATNmNJ.png

It feels a bit weird... and annoying to have to ask for euros at the post office. To pay a massive electronics giant.

I managed to pay Asus £15 (including VAT) via BACS a while ago.

i don't blame you to be honest, its strange that they don't have a bank account number you can transfer funds to, or even paypal. Ask them if they accept paypal payments?

I would not feel comfortable putting in 20euro cash notes in any postage item to whomever. But worst case scenario you will have to go an exchange service to buy 20 euro.

Soldato
21% VAT is in line with their country - if brexit goes bad postage will cost a bomb! currently price is held nice and low

I think cases Gigabyte ask you to mail their boards to Milton Keynes but will post it back, if its really bad then seen they collect it . some people even dropped the board off to the site

not able to RMA through your reseller????

and make sure the socket cap is INSTALLED!!!!!!!

Associate
OP
The cap is installed. The board actually works "fine"... well i started to notice a wee gremlin. Using the keyboard or clicking the mouse would turn the PC on, but that stopped happening. I'm not sure why. I then looked at the board one day and the Dr Debug two digit LED display had a b0rked segment. The top left one. Eights looked like a backwards six. That's not good enough. RMA.

Unfortunately the retailer I bought it from has brought their website down and all I could find of them was a dodgy shop on Amazon selling a few bits and bobs. I sent them an email, which didn't bounce but they never replied.

This is ASRock going out of their way to help as they said the warranty was between myself and the retailer and that they don't normally deal with customers directly.

I've ended up sending him the cash! ******* euro scum have me over a barrel. In this here European union, God thank Lizzy, my bank wants to charge me £10 to digitally send ASRock a Twenty. Thanks Thatcher you old bint.

Including uninsured cheapy post via my herpes, it's cost me about £26.

I had a mobo box which Asus sent a motherboard back in. They are good boards. I like Asus. That board died out of warranty. I wouldn't buy a Gigabyte unless it was second hand. They can't seem to make graphics cards that outlast a 3 year warranty. Yet they've extended it to 4 years. Greedy boys. Although their RMA team is UK? That's gotta be worth a few points.

The ASRock x99 Tai Chi was pretty good aside from the weirdness and dodgy light. To be fair half tho half the reason I bought it was for bootable M2 RAID, which didn't work. They had the wrong RAID manual on their website... I probably can't forgive them for that.

Now I've bought an Asus x299 that probably won't boot an NVME M.2 RAID, but it's got that fancy socket! I was looking at Asus x99s, because I wanted the socket just to see how far my 5960x would go on the Asus socket.

I'll probably buy another Gigabyte graphics card to replace the 1080 Ti Aorus that lasted 19 months. For the warranty.

Soldato
Never had issue with Asrock and use them a lot - though have never returned anything to them direct.

Everyone says good things about Gigabyte warrenty, might give them a go in the future for graphics cards, not a fan of some of their motherboards though so will avoid those...

Soldato
Never had issue with Asrock and use them a lot - though have never returned anything to them direct.

Everyone says good things about Gigabyte warrenty, might give them a go in the future for graphics cards, not a fan of some of their motherboards though so will avoid those...

their z390 is best in line up closely followed by MSI. both should be similar with x570 line up.

wonder how much asrock will ask for cash in post if brexit happens badly haha

Associate
The boards aren’t rubbish at all.

Apologies for the delay in reply. Well, if they're not rubbish, please explain these to me.

1. AsRock Rack C226WS board. Fitted to case, turned on, flames came out of the chip that runs the Firewire. Nothing plugged in to the Firewire. Dead board.
2. Replacement C226WS board. Box factory sealed, opened it, took it out of packaging, socket was totally mashed. Not one pin was straight.
3. AsRock X370 board. Box factory sealed. Opened, fitted CPU, RAM and GPU. Plugged in to brand new Corsair PSU. Turned on, ran OK. Started to fit to case, realised sound ports were bent 30 degrees back on themselves. Another junk board.

I could go on. I kept on giving them a chance. Never again.

Soldato
Apologies for the delay in reply. Well, if they're not rubbish, please explain these to me.

1. AsRock Rack C226WS board. Fitted to case, turned on, flames came out of the chip that runs the Firewire. Nothing plugged in to the Firewire. Dead board.
2. Replacement C226WS board. Box factory sealed, opened it, took it out of packaging, socket was totally mashed. Not one pin was straight.
3. AsRock X370 board. Box factory sealed. Opened, fitted CPU, RAM and GPU. Plugged in to brand new Corsair PSU. Turned on, ran OK. Started to fit to case, realised sound ports were bent 30 degrees back on themselves. Another junk board.

I could go on. I kept on giving them a chance. Never again.

Well ive had Asrock boards since haswell, never had an issue. To each bad experience there will be an equal good one.

Ce la ve.

Associate
What was the outcome from this? Just emailing AsRock about a board and they've told me it will be 20 Euros to RMA, not got to specifics yet.

Just RMA'd an 1080 TI Aorus to Gigabyte in Milton Keynes. Basically you pay them £15 or have it collected by your own courier (plus you pay to return it). The replacement GPU worked, but was bent and thermal taped to oblivion!

Did the board come back OK? I'm not a big ASRock fan.

Back
Top Bottom