Assault rifles and military-style semi-automatics have been banned in New Zealand

Soldato
Enough with the whataboutism's , they are ridiculous and just show you have no reasonable argument to defend civilians owning high power semi-automatic guns

The 2A supporters would not be handing over their weapons.

And??
They will sadly continue to suffer the horrific consequences year after year.
If it was just these gun nutts that suffered then fair enough it's their choice, sadly it's not though is it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread is ridiculous

Are you seriously making the argument that the terrorist in New Zealand would have been as successful with a Sugar Rocket?

Depends on your criteria for defining success, if it's to create terror then yes he'd be successful with sugar bombs, hell he could have thrown a bunch of pressure cooker bombs into the mosque and had success

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon_bombing

If you're going purely off death toll, because "reasons" then maybe he won't kill as many although it's difficult to tell how many died because they were stuck in the mosque as opposed to be able to flee if he'd attacked people on a street, even with a gun you only aim at 1 person at a time

Soldato
Enough with the whataboutism's , they are ridiculous and just show you have no reasonable argument to defend civilians owning high power semi-automatic guns

Do you know what semi automatic even means? I think you have the CNN idea that they are "fully semi automatic" :rolleyes:

One pull of trigger goes bang. Another pull bang... Another... Bang.... Another ... Jam (if you have a G36k. I intend in the next few years to get a semi automatic with a 10 round mag.

And??
They will sadly continue to suffer the horrific consequences year after year.

Do you have any idea why gun rights were given to the US citizen? What is guards against? It guards against people like yourself.

If it was just these gun nutts that suffered then fair enough it's their choice, sadly it's not though is it.

15-26% of mass shootings are done with illegal weapons. Handguns kill more people in the US than all other choice of weapon (Statista). Of mass shootings the worst by far was the Las Vegas shooting. An eerily silent subject.

People armed to defend themselves does save lives. Gun free zones even according to far left Politifact (as half true due to not knowing motive around targeting because of gun restrictions) are more likely to have mass shootings (as defined by the FBI).

According to the Crime Prevention Research Centre highlight 98% of shootings (mass) happen in gun free zones. Research differs here and there but it is clear that most mass shootings do occur in GFZs.

Edit: To clarify some sources dispute data entirely and there is a raft of counter arguments.

Soldato
We have similar pest problems, on an annual basis. None of the humane traps worked (they broke out), none of the killer traps worked (they can dodge the snaps), none of the poison available to non-trade worked despite being gobbled up quite readily, and finally two different pest control companies have also failed to poison, cage and kill these little ********....
It would appear to be more complicated than you assert.

lawl
I sure as hell don't want to be giving someone a gun who has been out smarted by a primitive animal.
People trap animals humanely ALL the time around the world, just because some people aren't smart enough doesn't mean we should go full nuclear!!

Here is the mouse I caught TWICE, the thing was so stupid I was able to trap it twice:

Soldato
Semi automatic rifles to make it easier to kill people though, and despite you claiming that the vast majority of firearm owners have no interest in killing people, semi automatic rifles still keep getting used to kill people. There's a common factor here that can be removed.

So I'll ask again, what valid uses are there for owning semi automatic rifles. 'I like them' is not a valid answer because, you see, people are being killed by them.
Mostly all gun violence is by Handguns, not Rifles, all of these weapons are semi automatic. The concept isn't difficult to understand really is it.

Soldato
Well it's a weird comment

"Difficult to say how many died because they were stuck in a mosque"

So you admit you're making things up then :)

And it's not weird (maybe if you lack common sense and live in a fantasy world which you seem to), If you shoot at people in an enclosed area it's going to be harder for them to escape than if they're out in the street, likewise if you throw a bomb into a room full of people it's going to be equally as hard for them to escape as opposed to the street

In what world is being in an enclosed space less dangerous ? C'mon I'd really love to know your logic on this

Caporegime
I don't see the relevance though. The guy specifically attacked a Mosque with a semi-automatic rifle.

You might as well have said: Difficult to say how many died because they weren't wearing body armor

Irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom