**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
Is the F1 Asymmetric 5 more performance oriented than the 3? Just seen they are available in my size, but fuel economy has dropped from C to E and noise from 67db to 71db looking at the ratings. On the face of it, this seems slightly disappointing.

Associate
From the looks of it, the F1A5 designed to go against the Premium contact 6 and PS4. They've also announced a variety of F1 Supersport tyres which apparently start at 18" sizes, which are the "UUHP" range.

Soldato
Is the F1 Asymmetric 5 more performance oriented than the 3? Just seen they are available in my size, but fuel economy has dropped from C to E and noise from 67db to 71db looking at the ratings. On the face of it, this seems slightly disappointing.

They are certainly quieter than the Bridgestones that were on my car before it. Don't seem to bad overall, but only put a hundred miles or so on them so far.

Soldato
F1A5 released 15th March in my size (245/40/18) Supersports to follow on 1st of April.
RRP of the two will be very similar and priced along side the PS4 and F1A3.
Supersports are designed to enable improvements to braking distances and lap times without neglecting the more intangible elements of driving. They provide exceptional dry grip levels.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
From the looks of it, the F1A5 designed to go against the Premium contact 6 and PS4. They've also announced a variety of F1 Supersport tyres which apparently start at 18" sizes, which are the "UUHP" range.
What’s the deal with ContiPremiumContact 6s?
Have these replaced the SportContacts?

Having had premium contacts in the past (albeit 10 years ago), they were awful compared to CS2s....

Don
What’s the deal with ContiPremiumContact 6s?
Have these replaced the SportContacts?

Having had premium contacts in the past (albeit 10 years ago), they were awful compared to CS2s....

Premium contact6 are a "touring" tyre, similar to michelin primacy etc, so yes worse than sport contact, but generally available in some smaller sizes than sport contact

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Premium contact6 are a "touring" tyre, similar to michelin primacy etc, so yes worse than sport contact, but generally available in some smaller sizes than sport contact
That's what I thought, but CS5s are ancient now. Never got any results for CS6s.

Just done some browsing on Conti's site and it appears CS6s are UUHP as they're only available in 235/40 ZR 18 and then a whole bunch of 19"-24".
Looks like PS4 is the way forward.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Tyres from Costco, anyone do this?

Ordered two tyres to be told about their two policies which state they can't fit two new tyres if the other two are less than 4mm tread left, and also they have to fit the new tyres on the rear of the car regardless.

Personally I want the new ones on the front which are the two needing replacing, and was thinking I'll just swap them back over myself. However I seem to think they had a sign up saying they fill with nitrogen included in the price, so Im now not sure how I go about changing the pressure back over if I swap the tyres from to back after that have filled and fitted them.

Is this really just for safety, or is it to make the older fronts wear down faster so they get another sale quicker for the other two? How can they have a policy about needing over 4mm tread if the legal limit is 1.6mm (or whatever it is now)?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Soldato
I bought my AS5's from Costco.

Never heard the 4mm thing. New tyres are meant to go on the rear. They are doing it right. Top up tyres with air if you insist on putting the new tyres on the front. Wont be a problem (other than you really should put new tyres on the rear).

Nem

Nem

Associate
I bought my AS5's from Costco.

Never heard the 4mm thing. New tyres are meant to go on the rear. They are doing it right. Top up tyres with air if you insist on putting the new tyres on the front. Wont be a problem (other than you really should put new tyres on the rear).
I'll leave them as they are them, extra confirmation by someone else. Cheers!

Both fitted and done last night with no hassle anyway.

Thanks

Associate
New tyres should always be on the rear. You don't want the rear of the car to have less grip than the front, take a corner a bit too enthusiastically and the rear will lose traction first if the tyres are worse.

Soldato
F1A5 released 15th March in my size (245/40/18) Supersports to follow on 1st of April.
RRP of the two will be very similar and priced along side the PS4 and F1A3.
Supersports are designed to enable improvements to braking distances and lap times without neglecting the more intangible elements of driving. They provide exceptional dry grip levels.

Is there a link to when these are being released?

Associate
Strangely I'm struggling find a set of PS4 in stock in my size for some reason? Wondering if there is a shortage at this size (255/35/18)?
Yep, was trying to get 225/40/18 fronts and 255/35/18 rears last week and after making an order on-line and paying I got called back and got told that the rears aren't available anywhere in the UK.

Ended up with Goodyear Eagle F1 - very solid tyres, grip is very good considering 500+ lbft!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just seen this on HUKD.

235/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - One of the best tyres currently on the market. With the voucher code MCH13 it comes down to £260.70 for 2 tyres or £521.39 for 4 tyresto start with.

Michelin are currently doing a promotion where they give you £40 back for 2 tyres or £100 back for 4 until 30/04/2019.- f1autocentres.co.uk/ter…fer

Calculations:

2 x Tyres - Original outlay with voucher code £260.70 - £40 promotion = £220.70 = £110.35 per tyre

4 x Tyres - Original outlay with voucher code £521.39 - £100 promotion = £421.39 = £105.35 per tyre (Cheapest per tyre)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/23...ort-4s-car-tyres-10535-f1-autocentres-3200072

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Not a bad deal at all! I stuck a couple of PS4s on the front of the wife’s Cooper S this week as everyone seems to be raving about them, will make sure to claim my £20 cashback on those :)

Wish the P-Zeros on mine weren’t so new else I’d snap a set up at the prices in the above example (same size as mine)

Back
Top Bottom