Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Associate
Is this hdr? Is the hdr properly implemted? E.g. are blacks black?

If so might be tempted.

Also what’s the performance like? Does it take away from the enjoyment of its not great?

Last edited:
Soldato

If so might be tempted.

Also what’s the performance like? Does it take away from the enjoyment of its not great?
The DF video above covers pretty much all of that

but, in short. seems to run best on PS4 pro, unless you have a 120hz monitor which in that case sees the XB1X have better image quality

Soldato

If so might be tempted.

Not too sure what to expect as their engine isn't great on console. Bloodborne struggled a fair bit to maintain 30fps and souls 3 was quite spotty too. But both of those games were made before the current top tier variants so maybe we can expect more stability out if this one. A brief glimpse at the above bit suggests it holds around 40.

Either way this stuff doesn't really matter to me as much now. Bloodborne is up there for me as one of the best games of all time, with its obvious performance issues

Soldato

If so might be tempted.

What a weird mentality. I can understand getting a game because it's hyped as being graphically great, but not getting a game because it doesn't have proper HDR support is just odd to me.

Caporegime
Souls games have never had particularly fantastic performance so I'm not expecting much difference here, although it would be a nice surprise if its smooth.

Caporegime
I like the souls games but honestly they are just too hard for me...I get that's the point. Is this more forgiving? It seems like it is.

I haven't played it yet but the IGN review said that the checkpoints are much more frequent and that the ability to move vertically helps so yes it does sound that way.

Soldato
I've only played the Tutorial bit, but so far I'm loving it, playing on the X, looks great, runs smooth, not got into any heavy areas yet so haven't seen any drops in frames, the combat feels fair and landing that parry is a bloody good feeling, can't wait to sit down and play properly.

Soldato
I like the souls games but honestly they are just too hard for me...I get that's the point. Is this more forgiving? It seems like it is.
You can pause this one if that helps ;)

From what I gather it's tougher in some aspects but I think it also depends on how you got on with Souls. It relies on parrying, and that's not easy to master on souls.

I think This may be tougher from a pure combat point of view but a little more forgiving as said above with the checkpointing perhaps. It won't be for everyone, just like souls

Soldato
Got my collectors Edition from Game. Weirdly they also included the blue version of the steel-book which was loose in the box even though it comes with a white version in the box, can't complain as I've got both! Did anyone else get the same? Wondering if it was a mistake as I'm sure it said only with the standard edition!

Soldato
Got my collectors Edition from Game. Weirdly they also included the blue version of the steel-book which was loose in the box even though it comes with a white version in the box, can't complain as I've got both! Did anyone else get the same? Wondering if it was a mistake as I'm sure it said only with the standard edition!

I also got a blue steelbook aswell, weird. Will probably give it to a mate who got the regular edition.

Back
Top Bottom