Say hello to Hilda

Soldato
Got my self a commuter bike as the ferry was starting to get tiresome (From Alameda to San Francisco).

$3,000, ZERO history, at least it came with the spare key... I bought it as it is simply immaculate, not a single sign or aluminum/steel rot, corrosion, rusting etc. 13k miles on the clock, it's a perfect example of the bike. So I took the risk, picked it up on Sunday, dropped it off yesterday at a reputable Ducati dealership for a 15k service and a thorough once over to get some history for it going. 3 valves needed adjusting and re shimmed, rear pad replaced. Other than that, she was in perfect condition according to the shop. It cost $1,112.86... So over a third of the cost of the bike. But as said, it's in such good condition, I think she deserves some extra love.

Here she is, 2007 Ducati Monster 695
01313_21Lz397imJP_1200x900.png

5ImXC91.png

The tyres are next, they have some life in them, maybe another 1k, but they are 9 years old... Some slight age cracking happening so I'll get them done this weekend. It feels great with the current tyres, but I prefer a more curved profile.

Then, exhausts, these big beefy boys are just no fun, and riding through San Francisco, no one looks for bikes, you have to be heard. So I'll get these:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/danmoto-xg-1-slip-on-exhaust-ducati-monster

I saw a Monster with them on and sweet good God did it sound amazing, with those, and after vinyl wrapping the forks, minus the tyre pain and strips (NOT a fan of them), it should look like this:

unknown.png

Very excited, didn't think I'd care about a commuter bike so much, but I'm head over heels for it lol.

Soldato
Looks in pretty good nick as you say :) should be a lot of fun!

I do prefer the bigger engine and a wet clutch though I must say, the dry clutch made Ducatis sound like a bag of spanners at idle.

Soldato
OP
that zorst is fugly .. pls dont :p

Sell a kidney for a full Termi :D

Sods haha, I did think about a full termi system, pretty hard to get hold of over here. That and the bikes value is probably less than the exhaust system. It's a commuter, I'd rather chuck on some cheap slip ons that make as much noise as possible as no one here checks for bikers. It's common to rev when filtering. As it stands, the OEM cans are as loud as a silent fart at a concert.

Back
Top Bottom