Hot Hatch Owners

JJB

JJB

Associate
the 370 is shorter and lighter than the 350, it is still heavier than you expect a two seater to be at ~1500kgs, but is similar ball park for many of those cars in your list, its 344hp is decent enough to propel it along but never feels rapid, just quick, reasonable value now though, loads of dealer demos around with a couple of k on for ~27k also cheap to tax the big engine these days at £140 now the rules changed for post Mar 2017 cars.

I suppose it's a different power delivery which isn't always a bad thing, I just find the golf too clinical, even my girlfriend prefers the feel of the Focus - they're fast don't get me wrong and a hoot on the right roads, just a bit numb sometimes. I've owned it for 6 months now so I tend to get an itch for a new car at this point, I need to stop scratching that it as the wallet doesn't like it!

I’ve owned my MK3 Focus RS since new, still love it. Regularly get people asking me about it too, which I thought would have stopped after 2 years! Whenever I walk up to it it puts a smile on my face. :)

2qtc00y.jpg

I do love the look of these, did consider one for a short time but never got round to driving one yet. I feel it'd be more of an occasion than a lot of things.

Caporegime
I suppose it's a different power delivery which isn't always a bad thing, I just find the golf too clinical, even my girlfriend prefers the feel of the Focus - they're fast don't get me wrong and a hoot on the right roads, just a bit numb sometimes. I've owned it for 6 months now so I tend to get an itch for a new car at this point, I need to stop scratching that it as the wallet doesn't like it!

I do love the look of these, did consider one for a short time but never got round to driving one yet. I feel it'd be more of an occasion than a lot of things.

maybe take a look at the Hyundai i series ?

Soldato
Congrats dude, well jell.

This has been on my radar for a while and if the stars align just so I may be joining you. :D

Anyone know the wheel specs? Width weight and offset in particular.
Thanks ! Other than a few teething problems (booked in for a new steering rack already :rolleyes: ) I love it.

What colour you going to get ?

Soldato
When the time comes it'll be a Grey one. I kinda wish they did a Forest green but I'll be content with grey.

What's your impression on the driving experience. The noise, steering, gearbox etc. And do tell, what happened to the steering on yours?

Soldato
Watching the last top gear episode I'm not sure my EP3 CTR still counts as hot these days, it was right at the back of the field.

I do echo the sentiment though. For driving, a hot hatch is more fun for 90% of the time than a lambo.

Soldato
When the time comes it'll be a Grey one. I kinda wish they did a Forest green but I'll be content with grey.

What's your impression on the driving experience. The noise, steering, gearbox etc. And do tell, what happened to the steering on yours?
The grey one is fantastic. Good choice ! I do think it would look incredible in a black/emerald colour.

The car has modes similar to a sport button on cars (Normal, Sport, ECO and N Mode/N Custom)

N Custom is the best mode as you can set every option to your need. Like the stiffness of the suspension, the noise of the exhaust, rev matching (really love this feature :D) there’s settings for steering and e-LSD too.

I went from a 2017 mx5 RF to this, and the difference is massive. This feels very fast in comparison ! Loving the driving experience.

The noise from the exhaust in sport+ mode is great :D pops and crackles a fair bit ! Makes me smile every time. However, if you want to go quiet, it certainly can be set to go a lot quieter.

Steering is great but I’ve had a problem where the steering was creaking/popping. So apparently it needs a new rack. :( there’s a couple of settings for steering, Normal mode feels lighter, and Sport mode feels like there’s more resistance. I prefer normal though.

The gearbox feels as good as my mx5 did, very precise and satisfying. And I’ve had no trouble shifting gears quickly. I didn’t think I’d care for the Rev matching feature, but it works flawlessly!

Caporegime
I’ve owned my MK3 Focus RS since new, still love it. Regularly get people asking me about it too, which I thought would have stopped after 2 years! Whenever I walk up to it it puts a smile on my face. :)

2qtc00y.jpg

I work next door to a Range Rover dealer and it seems someone just traded in one of these in the exact same colour, on sale for about £26k, 17 Plate too. It looks amazing…

Soldato

2qtc00y.jpg

They look lovely in that colour. Had one at the dealer when I picked up my ST which lowered by excitement for my car a bit ;) hopefully the next logical step for me in a few years time.

Soldato
Megane rs250 owner here.

Phenomenal car but definitely quite tiring whenever I use it for regular commutes. Firm suspension is great for weekend drives but it's hard work on Lincolnshire roads in peak time traffic. :)

Gonna have to sell it soon though as its not too practical for taking my baby daughter places (according to the missus ofc :()

Associate
After a recent issue with a gearbox in a MK2.5 ST225 (ST-3) I'm starting to wonder about a Focus RS from the same era. I'm not that much of a fan of the current RS, but the 5-pot engine sound of the old is incredible.

Associate
My classic "hot hatch" with a modern twist

cXoZZp6.jpg

Currently running a Stage 2 1.8 20vT (Approx 270bhp), a lot of the old tech taken out as it now runs hydraulic clutch, DBW throttle etc

plans for this year, i need to find a gearbox from an Ibiza Cupra and get an LSD fitted as its wheel spin city in 1st and 2nd gear at the moment.

Caporegime
My classic "hot hatch" with a modern twist

cXoZZp6.jpg

Currently running a Stage 2 1.8 20vT (Approx 270bhp), a lot of the old tech taken out as it now runs hydraulic clutch, DBW throttle etc

plans for this year, i need to find a gearbox from an Ibiza Cupra and get an LSD fitted as its wheel spin city in 1st and 2nd gear at the moment.

Jesus, that must be a riot and scary!

Back
Top Bottom