Baby Georges story

Soldato
Wow that was a tough read! Best not to read it at work!

Can't imaging what you must have been going through. I have a 2 year old and she has had some health issues of late - nothing prepares you for it and you just want it to be fixed.

Glad the lil man is doing well now, wish him all the best

Soldato
Was wondering if it was only me unable to see the pictures. Will try on my phone and see.

Firstly congratulations OP, that's been a hell of a ride you've been through. And good on your employer for being so understanding, with what you were going through in that first month, i'd be amazed if anyone could concentrate at work.

EDIT: Pics are working now.

EDIT2: Oooh the 3rd picture doesn't look good, unless it's the camera that's making it look worse, but the 4th picture you can see his skin colour is back to the 1st/2nd pictures.

You've gotta admire the amazement of the human body to fight for survival.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having been through the whole oxygen/sats with our own son (albeit only two nights in hospital) I feel for you man! So glad he’s doing well.

Soldato
Not sure what to say really.

I'm so so glad that little George managed to pull through all of that, what a little fighter. Can't begin to imagine how you and your wife must have been feeling/thinking throughout, you are two incredibly brave and strong people.

My misses and I are due our second in July which made this a tougher read.

Wishing you all the very best.

Associate
I read the full thing hoping for a happy ending and a few times it felt like it wasn't going to be. Sounds brutal what you had to go through and i wosh him a full and happy life with no side effects

Soldato
ah man just saw the pics in post #8 what an absolute little warrior you have there. i know he (and you and the wife) have a more battles ahead but at least they are battles he is here to fight. there's not big enough internet hugs for George and for you and your wife. my words are nowt but that, words, but if there's anything you need i'm sure we could help out.

Soldato
Jesus that choked me up. Fantastic ending though for you and your family. :)

We've got baby number 2 on the way in a few months and reading this terrifies me and amazes me in equal measure.

Man of Honour
Show me a father, who didn’t read that without the words going blurry
through impromptu tears, as happened with me, and I’ll show you a liar.

Soldato
It's not very often that something I read makes me genuinely tearful but with our first son George being born in July of last year I cannot imagain the pain and distress you, your wife and baby George must have gone through. It's fantastic to see the photos of him doing so well a year on.

I've donated £25 (equivalent of 1 nights stay) on your behalf to the Ronald McDonald House charity. https://www.rmhc.org.uk/

Soldato
I'm so glad that he is doing so well, was a tough read at points but happy that it had a positive outcome and he is beating expectations!

I've still got tears in my eyes now..

Soldato
Glad the wee man is doing well. What a hard start in life!!!

Our identical twin boys were premature and both in ICU from the moment they were born 22nd Dec. They didn't leave hospital until some time in January. I was so emotionally wrecked that I can't even remember. It was a blur.

So so happy your lad is thriving now. Sometimes you just have to get off your chest, what is in your head, it makes you feel better.

*Fist bump* You stared tragedy in the face, and won! Brilliant :)

Soldato
This guys name: Mr Ramana Dhannapuneni - what a legendary name this man has!

Legendary status for what he did and his name in itself!

Ramana dhannapuneni

I bet he has! I would assume being a doctor he gets to ramana dhannapuneni quite often!

Associate
That was a harrowing read, but I am so glad you have come out the other side and I wish you all the best in his full recovery, amazing little boy, thank god for the NHS they really do work miracles. I am going now to wipe away the tears.

Congratulations.

Associate
Hey OP, I'm so happy that your little guy is doing so well, he's such a cutie! Reading your story was heartbreaking as I have 2 little boys myself, I cant even begin to imagine what you was going through at the time. I'm so happy for you and your wife, congratulations on your little dude :) xx

Back
Top Bottom