**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate
that sucks, how do you mean worse than original ? or are you just referring to green?

you can unlock in the pocket with the pixel 3 xl, even quicker than looking at it :D

The screen just doesn't look right. Pink tint at the top and a greeny yellow tint towards the bottom of it.

The original one I had sent off wasn't as bad as the one I got back from them.

Soldato
S10 is very sexy indeed, I have been impressed. You will find the software experience a bit meh coming from a pixel but that's about it.

Hoping the P4 will take some design tips from samSams

I've switched from a P3 to an S10 and the difference in performance can certainly be felt. With a bit of theming via Nova Launcher to make the S10 look Pixel like I'm finding the whole experience a lot smoother. When the P3 runs well it's great but when the RAM begins to become a limiting factor you definitely notice the stutter, re-load etc.

The background software experience has become a lot more structured and organised with One UI in my opinion doing a much better job and not looking completely awful anymore.

I'm sure the next Pixel will have at least 6GB of RAM on board at the very least, but, given it's place in the premium pricing market it should at least match the competition in that regard now with 8.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
The notch and RAM were the two main reasons I didn't get a P3. Just not worth the upgrade from my 2XL. Will see what comes of the P4. I also very much like the S10, didn't think I'd be saying that again given how much I love stock Android....

Soldato
I've switched from a P3 to an S10 and the difference in performance can certainly be felt. With a bit of theming via Nova Launcher to make the S10 look Pixel like I'm finding the whole experience a lot smoother. When the P3 runs well it's great but when the RAM begins to become a limiting factor you definitely notice the stutter, re-load etc.

The background software experience has become a lot more structured and organised with One UI in my opinion doing a much better job and not looking completely awful anymore.

I'm sure the next Pixel will have at least 6GB of RAM on board at the very least, but, given it's place in the premium pricing market it should at least match the competition in that regard now with 8.

S10 is nice. I had a play last week. Did you get the free buds ? I was wondering if to get some for my p3xl

Associate

You just know they will go with 6Gb RAM, claiming that vanilla android (not that its very vanilla nowadays) uses less RAM... we all know what to expect from Google these days. Great cameras, good software experience (when it works), mediocre hardware.

Soldato
*in your opinion.

I would say in 90% of opinions. Unless you enjoy useless overlays, bloatware and having to install 3rd party launchers to hide useless apps, animations and overlays!

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater

Yes the notch/ chin is massive. Yes it should have shipped with more ram but you can't knock the software and how it's updated and patched. Unless you object to being a guinea pig which is a fair comment at times :D

No other provider is doing monthly updates

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I would say in 90% of opinions. Unless you enjoy useless overlays, bloatware and having to install 3rd party launchers to hide useless apps, animations and overlays!

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater

Yes the notch/ chin is massive. Yes it should have shipped with more ram but you can't knock the software and how it's updated and patched. Unless you object to being a guinea pig which is a fair comment at times :D

No other provider is doing monthly updates
You wot m8.

Think you need to re-read the last few posts. I was defending the pixel not the Samsung .;)

Soldato
Not opinion. Fact.

Example just yesterday. Connected my Bluetooth headphones yesterday and yet it still played out of the speaker and had to reboot the phone.

Are you implying that I'm imagining the issues?

I had a the same issue with my car and my work iPhone just yesterday it refused to take the call in my car.

Rebooted and fine. Is that iOS ? Is that Bluetooth or was it my cars stero?

Impossible to tell. .....

Back
Top Bottom