What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Take a look at the new Bridgstone A41 Adventures got them on my new 1250 so far very nice loads of grip in the wet and dry.

Cheers, yeh they've been getting good shouts on YT and fb groups. Metzeler Tourance also been recommended. How's the 1250 going? Running in still?

Transmission breaker
Don
Booked in for Mod1 (and redo cbt) and Mod2, got 2 days training, with the MOD1 following the second day.
27th of March, and 02nd of April
Then Mod 2 on the 12th!

MY CBT expires on the 20th april, so it cost nothing to add the CBT to my first day, so i figured i could just redo it there and then, ensure I am in good habits, and I can treat it as practice for the MOD2 part anyway.

I am on the lookout for a broken 500/650 bike to fix and ride when I pass. But I do not plan to have something bigger ready to ride straight after the test. I know what sort of pressure I will lump on myself if I do that, so will just be happy to pull off any L-plates and be done with them!

Soldato
Had to spend just over £400 to get bike through MOT. Rear disk has been warped for a while but apparently it was trying to jump off the tester... New chain and sprockets, new front pads, front wheel alignment. Front brake pistons need to be changed yet as they have lost their smooth surface. No real surprise really as I've got away with doing pretty much nothing to the bike for nearly 2 years.

Soldato
Didnt to the work myself. The front brake retaining pins always seize in place and get recked removing them. I didnt want to try that again so gave it to the garage to do. I dont do my chain as it's not one of the things I've done before. front wheel alignment was just somehting they did while it was there. I've riden with it off for 2 years. Another reason I got them to do it is they had the time and I didnt. the MOT was due soon and I need to keep it on the road

Oil change is due soon so I'll be doing that

Associate
Service and MOT done on the S1000RR this morning. Tuono prep'd and ready for its new owner to collect tomorrow. Going to be a tough one hearing that v4 for the last time as it disappears up the road..

Man of Honour
Hit a pothole last week...
ySul6I9.jpg

New wheel and new tyre time. ~£500 later...
3ew3X3E.jpg

New tyre scrubbed in in no time! 280 miles done since 7pm last night. Waiting on a rendezvous at Warminster services at 2am this morning...
K0WzRY9.jpg

Life is so much better on a bike!

Service and MOT done on the S1000RR this morning. Tuono prep'd and ready for its new owner to collect tomorrow. Going to be a tough one hearing that v4 for the last time as it disappears up the road..
The craving to hear that noise will never leave. Just enjoy it while you can.

Soldato
Got some new rubber fitted - Michelin Road 5 - the Pirelli Supercorsa SPs were terrible in the wet; at the level of wear I had, and only had a couple of hundred miles left in them - so I decided to upgrade to something more sensible early (oddly my front SP was worn massively, compared to the rear!).

So far so good - though the Road 5s do feel slow to turn at low speeds, but other than that, they feel great - far plusher ride than the SPs, and going off the Pilot road 4s I had on the Hyperstrada before - they ought to be immense in the incoming wet commutes :)

Soldato
Got some new rubber fitted - Michelin Road 5 - the Pirelli Supercorsa SPs were terrible in the wet; at the level of wear I had, and only had a couple of hundred miles left in them - so I decided to upgrade to something more sensible early (oddly my front SP was worn massively, compared to the rear!).

So far so good - though the Road 5s do feel slow to turn at low speeds, but other than that, they feel great - far plusher ride than the SPs, and going off the Pilot road 4s I had on the Hyperstrada before - they ought to be immense in the incoming wet commutes :)
Heard a lot of good things about the PR4/5’s. Picking up the new bike on Saturday and I think it’ll need at least a front in a few months time. Likely i’ll be changing to one of these tyres. Heard good things and I really like to tread pattern :p

Transmission breaker
Don
Whipped off the rear wheel and ran it down to the local to get a new tyre fitted (they fit them in quickly if they are already off)
Refitted, swapped the sprocket I forgot to do last time it was off, cleaned the whole rear wheel too.
Just in time for beginning my mod training tomorrow. Redoing my CBT in the AM, then MOD training day afterwards.
Looking forward to getting on a bigger bike again.

Soldato
Heard a lot of good things about the PR4/5’s. Picking up the new bike on Saturday and I think it’ll need at least a front in a few months time. Likely i’ll be changing to one of these tyres. Heard good things and I really like to tread pattern :p

The PR4s were utterly brilliant in the wet - they honestly felt like you were riding in the dry, with the amount of speed, lean and braking you could put through them.

Looking forward to seeing how the Road 5s perform - so far so good, other than the aforementioned slow turning feeling at low speeds; but that's no biggie really.

Caporegime
Whipped off the rear wheel and ran it down to the local to get a new tyre fitted (they fit them in quickly if they are already off)
Refitted, swapped the sprocket I forgot to do last time it was off, cleaned the whole rear wheel too.
Just in time for beginning my mod training tomorrow. Redoing my CBT in the AM, then MOD training day afterwards.
Looking forward to getting on a bigger bike again.

Good luck dude, just in time for summer :cool:

Soldato
The PR4s were utterly brilliant in the wet - they honestly felt like you were riding in the dry, with the amount of speed, lean and braking you could put through them.

Looking forward to seeing how the Road 5s perform - so far so good, other than the aforementioned slow turning feeling at low speeds; but that's no biggie really.

I like the sound of that; I'm on Dunlop Sportmaxx Roadsmart's i think it is at the moment, and I really struggle with confidence in the wet. I've had two track days and it's been damp at one point on both days and the tyres have surprised me to be fair, but on the road I've had so many tiny little slips where I've still been riding pretty cautiously :(

Transmission breaker
Don
Good luck dude, just in time for summer :cool:

Thanks! Did not put a foot down all day. Hit the speed perfectly on the rides. Had a bit of a brain fart on my mock test at the end of the day (long day training, when combined with CBT redo) and stopped at the wrong point in the controlled stop (before the cones!), then just was a bit flustered, and did a really SLOW emergency stop!!

Still, was a good day, and had a good 2+ hours out on the 650 honda CBF riding.

Was a real eye opener getting back on the 125 after that for the ride home!! Mod1 is on April 2nd, and Mod2 is provisionally booked for the 12th, provided I pass the Mod1!

Associate
Cheers, yeh they've been getting good shouts on YT and fb groups. Metzeler Tourance also been recommended. How's the 1250 going? Running in still?

Sorry didnt reply sooner only just saw this.

Loving the 1250GSA soooo much better than my older 2012 1200GSA which I thought was a great bike but this new engine and gearbox is simply better in every way.

The TFT screen is so easy to look at and combined with the Nav6 got loads of info to hand.

Typical though that buy a new bike and the weather changed for the worse so not many miles put on it done another 100 today and got 100 or so planned for tomorrow and hopefully out over the weekend so may have it all done by start to middle of next week :)

So far its returning 60mpg and I am not exactly being gentle with it constantly up and down the box to get it all run in.

Realy looking forward to getting a lot of touring done on it this year and the next few.....

To keep topic on track today I fitted the following.

Quadlock mirror phone mount
Mudsling on the rear
Front mudguard extender
Givi Handguard extenders

On a side note the wife passed her Motorcycle theory test yesterday and is starting her DAS training with BMW on the 6th April a long week ahead for her thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom