The Division 2

Associate
Got to the end part of a mission “secure the atrium” getting totally swamped. Just cannot do it. The yellow tank gets a second green bar of health and I just can’t kill it. There’s literally no cover and any cover you do get is easily flanked.

This is the point where I’m now not enjoying the game as it’s just too tough solo. :/ think I’m gonna finish here.

Level 15 and all I’m getting is greens and blues for armour and weapons too. The first game was so much more generous with loot. This game feels stingy as hell. Every container I open is just crap I don’t need.

The assault drone helps with elites, It will take the focus from you. Also, go looting; walk into the back alleys and into shops picking up all the crafting supplies and a lot of gear you can deconstruct.

Stick with it, I found that at about level 17-18 I started getting purple gear and the game became a little better.

Another good skill for solo players is the revival hive, it drops when you die and revives you. Once you're revived and before moving or shooting (you're immune to incoming fire), use an armour pack to get back to full health.

If anyone wants to group up, add me on Xbox, gamertag = CaerdyddBoy

Leave a message so I've know you're from the OCUK forums.

Have we got an OCUK clan for Xbox users?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to the end part of a mission “secure the atrium” getting totally swamped. Just cannot do it. The yellow tank gets a second green bar of health and I just can’t kill it. There’s literally no cover and any cover you do get is easily flanked.

This is the point where I’m now not enjoying the game as it’s just too tough solo. :/ think I’m gonna finish here.

Level 15 and all I’m getting is greens and blues for armour and weapons too. The first game was so much more generous with loot. This game feels stingy as hell. Every container I open is just crap I don’t need.
Isn't that one of the main missions in which case just use the matchmaking before you go in and do it in a team of 4.

I matchmake then go to options and mute everyone. :D

I've found the standard of players to be fairly decent for the most part and you blast through the missions.

Soldato
Thanks guys. I might try it again one more time later tonight (I don’t have psn, so matchmaking with other agents isn’t an option )

I’m using both the drone and the turret. And I still can’t do it :/

I’ve breezed through everything so far. But this is just driving me nuts. Must have tried 10+ times this morning to crack it

Edit. Woah what ? I didn’t know you could “farm” control points for loot ???

Edit. I’ve literally just farmed 6 or 7 purple weapons. Finally !

Last edited:
Soldato
i've found the medic version of the chem launcher to be useful, you have 3 shots to recover health and it gives them back fairly quickly, have it paired with the machine gun turret at the moment.

also, remember to check out the sewers they can provide some decent weapons.

what's your current load out ?,and what's the mission your on.

Associate
i've found the medic version of the chem launcher to be useful, you have 3 shots to recover health and it gives them back fairly quickly, have it paired with the machine gun turret at the momen

Forgot to mention the sewers, always get some good gear and crafting materials from a walk in the sewer.

I think it's about level 20 i started to get high end gear from drops and caches.

Soldato
i've found the medic version of the chem launcher to be useful, you have 3 shots to recover health and it gives them back fairly quickly, have it paired with the machine gun turret at the moment.

what's your current load out ?,and what's the mission your on.

I’m on the bank mission. I’ve decided to try again, but now can’t get past the “defend the terminal” from bad guys. Again I get swamped. The terminal either gets destroyed or I get stomped by the tank :/ skills cool down is just way too long. I feel this game is totally not solo friendly. And i don’t feel it’s a case of get good, as I solo’d the first division and thought it was great !

aHQFdQjl.jpg

Associate
In terms of getting into the sewers/underground is the level range appropriate to where you enter or is it different? Currently level 6.

They're level appropriate, don't worry, they're not filled with enemies, they're just filled with loot boxes of varying types. In a similar way to searching buildings and the back alleys.

Soldato
I’m on the bank mission. I’ve decided to try again, but now can’t get past the “defend the terminal” from bad guys. Again I get swamped. The terminal either gets destroyed or I get stomped by the tank :/ skills cool down is just way too long. I feel this game is totally not solo friendly. And i don’t feel it’s a case of get good, as I solo’d the first division and thought it was great !

if you don't already try to make sure you put the turret on a raised surface makes it a little harder for the big guys to destroy it, do you have chance to destroy the turret to shorten the cool down time ?

try using an lmg like the m60 or m249 in one of your slots, it's not too accurate at distance but fairly close to it helps when trying to get armour etc off the tanks.

thing that makes div 2 a bit harder imo is the enemy presses you a bit harder than i remember from div 1, do your best to move a little as well, even if it means starting further forward from the terminal, then after a while move back a bit.

might be worth trying the chem launcher healer or the healer drone in the other slot to the turret.

as for the sewers some do hold wall key lockers that hold the hyena/outcast keys for their little boxes you see around.

Last edited:
Soldato
if you don't already try to make sure you put the turret on a raised surface makes it a little harder for the big guys to destroy it, do you have chance to destroy the turret to shorten the cool down time ?

try using an lmg like the m60 or m249 in one of your slots, it's not too accurate at distance but fairly close to it helps when trying to get armour etc off the tanks.

thing that makes div 2 a bit harder imo is the enemy presses you a bit harder than i remember from div 1, do your best to move a little as well, even if it means starting further forward from the terminal, then after a while move back a bit.

might be worth trying the chem launcher healer or the healer drone in the other slot to the turret.

as for the sewers some do hold wall key lockers that hold the hyena/outcast keys for their little boxes you see around.
Thanks for the tips

Yeah I kill the turret before it destroys itself so the cool down is only 60 seconds. Still feels like a long time though :p also I put it on an unreachable surface so he can’t get to it either.

I’m gonna go farm loot for an LMG and give that a go. Put an extended mag in it or something.

The enemy’s are relentless in this. Constantly rushing your position. I’ve died so many times being flanked or rushed.

Might just go and try to hit level 17 before attempting this again. Or just sign up to psn for a month just so I can call for backup

Soldato
I’m gonna go farm loot for an LMG and give that a go. Put an extended mag in it or something.

if you're using assault rifle there's a side mission (think its called department of justice) that you get an extended 5.56mm magazine, adds another 30 rounds to any 5.56mm assault rifle and its worth while.

there are other extended magazines , but that one has been the easiest for me to get.

it's one of those games you have to keep an eye on the radar, also if its not to clear edit the hud in your settings to make it a bit bigger, and make sure you look around when you can.

have you managed to get the perks so you have extra health bags/grenades ?

going up a level might not help as the game seems to scale to your level :(

other thing to check is your gear (backpack, knee pads etc), as they have introduced "brands" (think reebok/nike etc) and they have specific settings on their to help ie +10% SMG damage, +8% critical hit damage, +10% critical hit chance.

manage to get 3 of the same brands then you get access to all 3 of the extra addons, if you can't get all 3 look for pieces of gear that will help you.

if your using an assault rifle look for ones with extra assault rifle damage, theres also added for damage to elites.

from what i've seen anything that gives you added critical hit chance, crtical hit damage are good to have, same with wepaons you use, assualt rifles, shotguns etc, and anything that damages or protects from elites.

Soldato
if you're using assault rifle there's a side mission (think its called department of justice) that you get an extended 5.56mm magazine, adds another 30 rounds to any 5.56mm assault rifle and its worth while.

there are other extended magazines , but that one has been the easiest for me to get.

it's one of those games you have to keep an eye on the radar, also if its not to clear edit the hud in your settings to make it a bit bigger, and make sure you look around when you can.

have you managed to get the perks so you have extra health bags/grenades ?

going up a level might not help as the game seems to scale to your level :(

other thing to check is your gear (backpack, knee pads etc), as they have introduced "brands" (think reebok/nike etc) and they have specific settings on their to help ie +10% SMG damage, +8% critical hit damage, +10% critical hit chance.

manage to get 3 of the same brands then you get access to all 3 of the extra addons, if you can't get all 3 look for pieces of gear that will help you.

if your using an assault rifle look for ones with extra assault rifle damage, theres also added for damage to elites.

from what i've seen anything that gives you added critical hit chance, crtical hit damage are good to have, same with wepaons you use, assualt rifles, shotguns etc, and anything that damages or protects from elites.
I’ve literally cleared everything up to this point/mission. And unlocked all mods too. I think it’s just gonna be a case of buying psn for a month and getting some back up or help to do this. Oh well. Either that or shelve this game completely.

Soldato
Did the mission :) just scraped through it by the skin of my teeth. (Level 17)

Now stuck on yet another mission :rolleyes: “protect Jeff” feel like I’ve hit another brick wall. Again. I can’t be dealing with these difficulty spikes with my limited gaming time. Screw this game. I’m done.

Soldato

Now stuck on yet another mission :rolleyes: “protect Jeff” feel like I’ve hit another brick wall. Again. I can’t be dealing with these difficulty spikes with my limited gaming time. Screw this game. I’m done.

I know how you feel. It's horrible to ay alone. Enemies take 100 bullets to kill but you go down pretty much instantly. Luckily I have a group of people who I've been playing the game with and we've finished the normal missions/strongholds and we're doing the end game content.

Associate

This one isn't too bad and is one of the shortest missions in the game.

You'll need an AR/LMG and a Sniper for the first bit along with a Machine Gun Turret. Take your time to clear the adds.

Then optimise your setup for a shotgun and LMG for the second bit before you rappel down. Change your turret if you feel like it to flamethrower as this can be useful here. Clear the first wave of adds as they spawn in and then the second wave but watch for the tank who has a chainsaw - deploy the flame turret to ignite him and keep him occupied whilst you whittle has armour away with the LMG and then finish him off with a shotty.

Job's a gooden! I solo'd this fairly easily.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom