Next move advice - marketing

Soldato
can you sit down with your boss and have an open conversation?
It's pretty easy to get frustrated if you're not talking about it - if the pay and benefits are excellent, I don't really get why you need the validation of changing your title? Surely if you want a different title it's a different job role too?
Sounds a bit like you've already talked yourself out of the move and not sure I'd think about moving somewhere if I knew they were aiming to sell in a couple of years (unless of course there is a chance of a share of that, no point in going in, helping setting up a business for someone else to sell!)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response. I had a conversation a few months ago and nothing has happened so far. I don’t trust the department head and wouldn’t expect much good news. It is a lean team and don’t see what else/more I can be doing. Title is to reflect the pay gap vs industry and juniors with similar roles in team. Moving around is quite common in my industry and gaining the experience will be key for my career. Ive not received a detailed offer yet on the new role.

Soldato
Did you have a conversation with the decision maker?
If it's possible, speak to the person above the dept head - moving around is common in most industries but it's whether you are going to get on any better elsewhere is the big thing, might be that you can do more or different to improve the current situation rather than jumping to a new position for a couple of years...

Soldato
You described a place of work that I like to call "Poison Hell", it poisons anyone that enters and turns something you love and yourself, into negative shadows of your formers selves.

You know you don't like, you know it won't change, you know you want to leave for something else but you're looking for us for advice.

The only advice we can really give is to not stay where you are, you hate it. Now, where to jump too... anywhere. Even if the other only lasts 2-3 years so what? that's 2-3 years you've not spent in hell having your soul sucked through the stab marks you'll eventually get in your back :)

Back
Top Bottom