• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Hi guys,

So i have the Gigabyte Vega56 card (bought used in Dec). I've undervolted and OC'ed and it performs perfectly most of the time. However randomly I have the annoying black screen max fans crash intermittently-it can happen after 5 mins or 5 hours of gaming. Now im thinking/hoping its not a hardware problem and more a software related issue.

Does anyone know which the most stable Wattman drivers are or if there are other vendor Vega56 Vbios's i can flash the card with? Also i run afterburner with wattman so i can see my fps temps etc-as for the life of me i cant get the wattman FPS counter to bloody work, does this effect stability??/

Associate
Hi guys,

So i have the Gigabyte Vega56 card (bought used in Dec). I've undervolted and OC'ed and it performs perfectly most of the time. However randomly I have the annoying black screen max fans crash intermittently-it can happen after 5 mins or 5 hours of gaming. Now im thinking/hoping its not a hardware problem and more a software related issue.

Does anyone know which the most stable Wattman drivers are or if there are other vendor Vega56 Vbios's i can flash the card with? Also i run afterburner with wattman so i can see my fps temps etc-as for the life of me i cant get the wattman FPS counter to bloody work, does this effect stability??/

i'm interested in this card (gigabyte rx v56 gaming oc) because it's on sale but it has many bad reviews, so i did some research and found the cause of malfunctioning could be the vrms below the backplate, gigabyte has changed the design and added vrrms below the backplate, so i think the heat from the heatsink goes to those vrms making it even hotter, if this theory is correct, then the solution is using a fan duct mounted to a fan intaking cold air and pushing it directly to the backplate

Last edited:
Associate
Just got my red devil 56 for about $250. Unfortunately it's a hynix, but it's fine for me. Haven't played much with wattman but excited to tinker later.
Also, I got this really weird artifact just before boot up (usually shows the motherboard logo), now it's just a blurry ascii art. But everything else is great. Temp, performance, etc.. anyone having the same problem? Maybe it's because I have an old mother board (1st generation i5 baby!).

Associate
Just got my red devil 56 for about $250. Unfortunately it's a hynix, but it's fine for me. Haven't played much with wattman but excited to tinker later.
Also, I got this really weird artifact just before boot up (usually shows the motherboard logo), now it's just a blurry ascii art. But everything else is great. Temp, performance, etc.. anyone having the same problem? Maybe it's because I have an old mother board (1st generation i5 baby!).

i've read that vega has compatibility issues with motherboards that has legacy bios, no problems with old motherboards that have uefi, which motherboard do you have?

Last edited:
Associate
i've read that vega has compatibility issues with motherboards that has legacy bios, no problems with old motherboards that have uefi, which motherboard do you have?

Yeah I think it's the legacy bios. I can access the bios, it's just the bios splash screen that's all jumbled up. My motherboard is a gigabyte P55-UD3P, running i5 750 @ 3,8 ghz. Definition of a bottleneck, lol.
Hoping to upgrade in coming months, doing a hackintosh build, gonna go with i7 8700 but Ryzen is really tempting although very hard to hackintosh on AMD...

Associate
Hi Guys. Finally got the sapphire vega 56 Pulse and its very good in terms of performance undervolts and overclocks very well too.

But im experiencing a very bad buzzing sound i think coil whine even on low frames 30-60fps when gaming. does anyone else have the same issue ?

Is it worth returning ? Does coil whine damage the card ?

Associate
Hi Guys. Finally got the sapphire vega 56 Pulse and its very good in terms of performance undervolts and overclocks very well too.

But im experiencing a very bad buzzing sound i think coil whine even on low frames 30-60fps when gaming. does anyone else have the same issue ?

Is it worth returning ? Does coil whine damage the card ?
IIRC the pulse and nitro are both probe to coil whine ?

Associate
I mostly game with headphones on, so will just double check tonight when i get home if it is to much I might return it otherwise just keep it.

Is the overclockersuk returns procedure good ? how fast do they send a replacement ?

Soldato
I mostly game with headphones on, so will just double check tonight when i get home if it is to much I might return it otherwise just keep it.

Is the overclockersuk returns procedure good ? how fast do they send a replacement ?

I had to send mine back because of whine - new one is perfect

I have the same - no other issues though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom