PC-O11 AIR RGB MIDI TOWER - BLACK WINDOW Fans+Fan controller recommendation

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi @orbitalwalsh,

Thanks for your input. I was lurking to corsair but wanted some tips from the forums users, as I do always :)

Other than the above specs are there any other good contenders, that would be recommended?

Associate
OP
A good point that I forgot to mention is that the fans must be compatible with Aura Sync. For example, the BitFenix fans are, but could not find any reference for the Corsair ones.

Soldato
Soldato
Ok so I will go for this setup

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £386.89 (includes shipping: £22.50)

Any recommendations of how I shall put the fans for intake and exhaust please?

Also Corsair rep on here @CorsairChris but weekend . Can also double confirm the link up.

With the air.. you can get perfect equal positive/negative with fans being on show for perfect show ..

Intake on the front (fans RGB on full show at front of case), and bottom .(not on full show- brace side facing), exhaust for the top (fans in full show ) and mobo tray (again fans on full show)

Now, stock filters are naff on dynamic /air case and have of it isn't filtered

https://www.demcifilter.com/lian-li-pc-011-air-filter-kit

Would be nice if @ChugNorris can get these in stock as postage and dollar price hurts ...

Set up would look gorgeous with 9/12 fans on full RGB show and good airflow/filtration

You'll also need to use a Y splitter for each can as can only handle 6 fans, but each port can support 2 with a Y cable .

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-commander-pro-review,2.html

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hello, again @orbitalwalsh,

Yes, I saw that video. As you highlighted in your post, am the most concerned cause of the positive/negative effect by the fans.
That is why I would like the best optimal setup recommendation for a 12 fan setup.

Once again thanks for your input :)
At @CorsairChris maybe you can assist when available :)

Soldato
Hello, again @orbitalwalsh,

Yes, I saw that video. As you highlighted in your post, am the most concerned cause of the positive/negative effect by the fans.
That is why I would like the best optimal setup recommendation for a 12 fan setup.

Once again thanks for your input :)
At @CorsairChris maybe you can assist when available :)

I would still keep as mentioned, again better for show, but you'd tweak intake fans to spin slightly faster to have slightly more positive pressure :)

I think.. with so many fans ...

You'd need the Triple kit that can an RGB hub that can handle 6 fans. Normally it plugs into a Lighting control box that's USB to the Mobo. But would go straight to the Command Pro.
6 fans RGB would connect to a light box and then connect onto the Pros 2 channels. 12 fans would connect to the 6 pwm controllers via Your spiltter ...

I believe anyways

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £407.27 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Associate
OP
Yes definitely will need the commander pro for this kind of setup. I just want maybe some more ideas on the setup of the fans before I pull the trigger.

Associate
Hey,

Commander Pro can handle the lighting of 12 fans, however you'll want to ensure you buy 2 of the 3 packs of LL120 fans, as these come with the 6 port lighting hub which can connect to one of the commander pro lighting channels.

As for running the fans, the commander pro has 6 ports for fan speed control, so you'll need to ensure you have either enough ports on your motherboard for the remaining fans, a PWM repeater in your case, or you may need another commander pro.

Cheers

Chris

Associate
OP
The ASUS ROG SRTIX X470 got 5x 4-Pin Fan (PWM).

What I was thinking is put the bottom intake fans and constant speed and use the Commander Pro for the remaining fans.

If I go with that setup will it work?

Soldato
By splitters can you please elaborate on it, please?

b]My basket at Overclockers UK:[/b]
Total: £8.72 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

Reviews of the Command Pro . Each of the 6 fan headers can drive 2 fans - but would need a splitter above .

Connect 9 up to that and then 3 to your Asus header .

All 12 RGB cables would plug into the 2 lighting boxes , each with 6 RGB ports . These two you connect to command pros two lighting channels :)

Back
Top Bottom