Corsair Crystal Series 280X, any good?

Associate
Hey

I'm looking at the corsair 280x, I really like the look of it. It looks clean and stylish enough to sit in my room with the rest of my cinema setup.

But what is it like? Is the airflow good? What is cable management like ? Is everything going to be seriously cramped up ? I can't seem to find any decent close up photos with a build in.

Sorry for all the questions!

Any input would be great :)

Thanks

Associate
Its a very nice case, all I can say is, check your clearances before you purchase parts and do your build.
Make sure your GPU will fit and any CPU Cooler Clearances.

@CorsairChris

A few build images I managed to find for you:

75uk5ix37r621.jpg
8vz4pckw4x321.jpg

Associate
OP
It does look rather nice with everything in!

I'm only running a gtx970 and going to buy a aio cooler, so should be good in that sense.

What is airflow like?

Thanks

Associate
The airflow is good. Unlike some cases with a tempered glass front, this case doesn't have the glass flush with the case.
It's offset from the case and there are also intake slots in the side of the front panel.

Its not going to have the same airflow as a mesh fronted case but its is definitely more than good enough :)

Soldato
Can't decide between this or the phantek enthoo matx case. Want to have an aio on my CPU and not worry about the length of GPU that are coming out, with in reason.

Soldato
Can't decide between this or the phantek enthoo matx case. Want to have an aio on my CPU and not worry about the length of GPU that are coming out, with in reason.

I had the Evolv.... DONT DO IT!!!!! a gimp has more breathing space with its mask sealed!!!!

450b0Wn.jpg

has to run 3x £20 fans and god aweful ekwb se360 to cool an i7 8700k .

if you grab the 280x and stick two fans at the bottom, you'd have massive positive pressure , less dust and will expel hot air nicely out the top and rear :D

its also quite tall due to being able to house 40mm rads up top and psu at the bottom. glass is quite dark to

Associate
Love my 280X RGB, very unobtrusive on my desk, and genuinely was a pleasure to build in (not just saying that as a Corsair employee)

XcprdWy.jpg

Let us know if you do a build, would love to see some photos!

Soldato
Does look rather nice yours mate :)

I'll be doing a simple build log when I do get round to building it :)

look forward to it :D love seeing how peoples builds get on here .

lot of requests dont get posted for the finished article, which is a shame as lots of people look through it, experienced or not and aren't able to see the finished article in the thread :(

Associate
OP
look forward to it :D love seeing how peoples builds get on here .

lot of requests dont get posted for the finished article, which is a shame as lots of people look through it, experienced or not and aren't able to see the finished article in the thread :(

I'm looking forward to it :D, it's been 4 or 5 years since I had my last gaming PC, that was in a corsair 540 all custom painted etc, will have to see if I still got some pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom