The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
I have a feeling he is cpu bottlenecked.

My 8600k hits in the 60s at some points in the game (possibly higher in fights but I dont look at OSD in fights), if I took away 2 cores that 60 becomes 80, take away 800mhz for ivy bridge clocks, than that 80 becomes 93, then takeaway IPC improvements and you see the problem.

Thats not even taking into account dropping down from ddr4 to ddr3 as well.

This indicates about a 90% all core benefit on my cpu vs his.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K/3941vs1316

I didnt install anything special but had perf mon running on my other screen to take a look. According to that my cpu is always at 100 and my gpu at 10%...Doesnt matter if i have my video settings at ultra or on medium the fps is the same. Surely my ivybridge isnt killing performance that badly?

Associate
Game deffo getting harder in 20s.

Stats ramp up a lot between each level so having a weapon thats even only a few levels down will feel so weak now, I have not found a new M6 type LMG for a while e.g.

The effect is enemies are like damage sponges now, I have to empty an entire round just to take care of a single rusher e.g. I was doing pretty much nothing to an elite boss until I found a box of incediary rounds which thankfully took care of him.

Then you have the flame grenades which go through walls and have massive burn range (wtf?) and they definitely need to do something about those elites that can throw a grenade every second.

Enemies also now pretty much never just stay in cover in front of you anymore, they either just charge or do coordinated flanks all the time.

So staying in cover is pretty much a no go now unless you happy to be shot at from 3 sides whilst burning to death from a grenade, which is interesting as its claimed that division 2 was made to encourage you to stay in cover.

first tip, always aim for the head unless your against a heavy with easy to hit weakpoints.. headshots do a lot more damage than body shots

secondly use the turret to defend if you dont have much cover, or if theyre flanking

as for the big tanky elites, aside from the melee ones they all have weakpoints.. with the minigun guy he has a red box behind his left shoulder, also the bullets coming from his ammo pound into the minigun can be shot, forcing him to crouch down and reload.. this can be done multiple times making him pretty easy
the grenade launcher guy has a weakpoint on his back, so throw a turret behind him to make him turn and shoot that

also staying in cover is vital, you just need to pick better cover so your not exposed from the other sides too much, or pick a spot they cannot flank you from

Soldato
I didnt install anything special but had perf mon running on my other screen to take a look. According to that my cpu is always at 100 and my gpu at 10%...Doesnt matter if i have my video settings at ultra or on medium the fps is the same. Surely my ivybridge isnt killing performance that badly?

I think thats pretty solid evidence sadly. :(

You can disable dx12 if enabled, disable the latency option in game, reduce streaming distance. Those all should ease up on the cpu.

Reducing object detail may possibly also help the cpu also.

Last edited:
Soldato
first tip, always aim for the head unless your against a heavy with easy to hit weakpoints.. headshots do a lot more damage than body shots

secondly use the turret to defend if you dont have much cover, or if theyre flanking

as for the big tanky elites, aside from the melee ones they all have weakpoints.. with the minigun guy he has a red box behind his left shoulder, also the bullets coming from his ammo pound into the minigun can be shot, forcing him to crouch down and reload.. this can be done multiple times making him pretty easy
the grenade launcher guy has a weakpoint on his back, so throw a turret behind him to make him turn and shoot that

also staying in cover is vital, you just need to pick better cover so your not exposed from the other sides too much, or pick a spot they cannot flank you from

I still use cover, but I dont "stay in cover" its suicide now, instead I have to keep moving from one cover to another to evade the barrage of grenades and the flankers.

I found if I do find a spot where I cant be flanked then they will refuse to approach me within shooting range and just wait for me to come out. Unless its an elite they approach regardless.

Also I appreciate the tips on the elite weak spots, I didnt know that.

Last edited:
Soldato
What weapon loadouts are most people using?

I tend to have an assault rifle or sub-machine gun for my primary weapon with a massive damage sniper rifle in slot 2 - never found a shotgun or heavy machine gun very useful in most circumstances!

The +30 rounds magazine in the assault rifle is an absolute godsend!

Soldato
Dudes, I've tried playing around and changing graphics settings, tweaked stuff and dropped from high to medium on lots of settings within the game. But I'm still getting stuttering. It's random and only lasts for a few seconds at a time. It's almost like a lag/latency issue? This video shows exactly what I'm getting:-

Soldato
Dudes, I've tried playing around and changing graphics settings, tweaked stuff and dropped from high to medium on lots of settings within the game. But I'm still getting stuttering. It's random and only lasts for a few seconds at a time. It's almost like a lag/latency issue? This video shows exactly what I'm getting:-[/MEDIA]
I've got the same issue now that I've switched to DX12, although not as regularly as you are seeing in that video. It wasn't doing it previously, it's weird as bar the odd stutter like the video shows it's utterly flawless and runs better than DX11!

As for weapon loadout, currently running with Automatic Rifle / LMG and a Sniper Rifle in the second slot, but I keep mixing it around. Just got a Famas when I levelled up which does great damage, but constantly reloading is annoying so the 100 round LMG I have gets a lot of use! As for specials I'm using the turret and the ball shaped drone.

Soldato
I've got the same issue now that I've switched to DX12, although not as regularly as you are seeing in that video. It wasn't doing it previously, it's weird as bar the odd stutter like the video shows it's utterly flawless and runs better than DX11!

As for weapon loadout, currently running with Automatic Rifle / LMG and a Sniper Rifle in the second slot, but I keep mixing it around. Just got a Famas when I levelled up which does great damage, but constantly reloading is annoying so the 100 round LMG I have gets a lot of use! As for specials I'm using the turret and the ball shaped drone.

LSE sorted it out for me. I wasn't sure it it was a lag/latency issue (I'm on a solid BT Infinity 40 mbps connection though) or if it was just my system which was holding me back. I guess it was my system since LSE has transformed the game for me now - no stutter at all. I'm off to the MM to look at what better GPU's than my 760 are on offer.

Soldato
Some missions are really fun, just done the museum which had the planetarium in it and enjoyed all the way though using my turret and homing grenades, but others can be a real pain. One thing though he runs like a big girls blouse. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom