• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Sorry, wasn't meant to come across like that - I state it that way to see how our requirements compare, so, like to see what others want from their next CPU. But "I'd" can be "You'd" in the case of my last reply, ie, "You'd really not want less than 8 cores buying new now". :)

Lol, I didn't mean it like that. My "me me me" was referring to me being who you are referring to in the last sentence. I'm upgrading! As soon as they are up for pre-order. Be damned the reviews...itll be a major upgrade for me either way.

Soldato
Impact? IMAPCT? If this list is accurate then 16 core confirmed. We've not seen an Impact since Z170 and AMD never had one, so why wheel out after almost 4 years those insanely over-engineered boards with those mental power daughterboards for something as puny as 8 cores?

I am excite, Asteria II may well get a Ryzen-based sister ;)

Soldato
I love my Asus itx board, would consider an amd one but itx case is a bit small for me now with an aio CPU and an aio card in my case, looks cramped. Will be going matx in the future.

Going by current matx amd boards, it appears MSI mortar is the winner. Will see if they bring out a new one.

Soldato
What's the advantages of a X variant board over a B variant (Say X470 over B450?)
Excuse my ignorance, I've not looked at upgrade items such as this since 2011.

Soldato
Soldato
I want a mobo with everything except I don't want to pay for sound.

I have an ae-5. Is there a range that is good for over clocking, but doesnt add expensive sound components?

Soldato
Hoping to see higher quality motherboards for X570, would like to see a few more bells and whistles

What in the world could you strap onto a mainstream consumer board that we don't already have and is useful/appropriate for this market segment?

I'd like to see more refinement in core areas of the design (VRMs, etc.) but more "bells and whistles" I can't think what they'd be.

Soldato
What in the world could you strap onto a mainstream consumer board that we don't already have and is useful/appropriate for this market segment?

I'd like to see more refinement in core areas of the design (VRMs, etc.) but more "bells and whistles" I can't think what they'd be.

You could maybe have a mini Goblin Teasmade fitted on the mobo.

It could be optionally plumbed into a water cooling loop as well, to aid in the heating.

Would be handy to be able to have a cuppa without going down to the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom