Local social media marketplaces

Soldato
I'm not really bothered when I get extremely low offers, but what does annoy me is the style of delivery.

I've lost count of the number of responses to Gumtree or Facebook adverts that literally just state a price.

"500"

Are people really that lazy that they cannot even be arsed to write "Hi, would you take 500 for item XXX?"

I see that all to often. Or “would you accept xxx for the item as I live in the area and can collect anytime”

I sold a huge amount on eBay recently and haven’t had a single issue with any buyer. None of my items are electrical, no chance of them turning up faulty.

Man of Honour
I see that all to often. Or “would you accept xxx for the item as I live in the area and can collect anytime”

I sold a huge amount on eBay recently and haven’t had a single issue with any buyer. None of my items are electrical, no chance of them turning up faulty.
Item up for £200 message of "75 can collect now" 5 minutes later "send your address" that's another good one.

Soldato
The nice thing about CEX is that they put the buy, sell and trade prices on the website for you to see very clearly.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxb1x1tbb001&categoryName=xbox-one-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-one-x-console-1tb-black-boxed
It amazing seeing how some items loose there value so fast compared to other items

I.E These 2 item most be about the same age
Xbox One X new cost about £450 they buy for £200
Samsung S8 new cost about £650 they buy for £162 :eek:

Soldato
When my sister sold one of my old phones on facebook marketplace some of the offers were truly ridiculous, someone chanced a £20 offer for a 2 year old flagship.

I get some lowball offers on ebay at times but that site is nowhere near as bad as facebook for lowballing.

Soldato
OP
Well the Xbox is sold now, ended up getting 7-8 texts and a similar number of facebook messages after one day.. Definitley could have gone for £250-300, but i needed the quick sale.. Still a bit baffled by the £140 offer lmao

Caporegime
I’ve been selling some crap on the local faceache groups, one was an old Dyson, I put it up for £30 and a guy messaged to say I’ll give you £15,so I replied that’s fine, I’ll saw it in half and you can collect....

Ok send address was the response:p

Soldato
I'm not really bothered when I get extremely low offers, but what does annoy me is the style of delivery.

I've lost count of the number of responses to Gumtree or Facebook adverts that literally just state a price.

"500"

Are people really that lazy that they cannot even be arsed to write "Hi, would you take 500 for item XXX?"

I quite like the "I'll buy this for £20" when you have it up for £100. I sometimes reply with "No, you won't"

Permabanned
It's called supply and demand, suck it up and just say no if you don't want to sell it at that price. OR put in your add, "no offers".

I’ve been selling some crap on the local faceache groups, one was an old Dyson, I put it up for £30 and a guy messaged to say I’ll give you £15,so I replied that’s fine, I’ll saw it in half and you can collect....

Ok send address was the response:p

This will be my reply from now if anyone ever offers me half price! funny.

Soldato
I quite like using these groups to sell, as it's very low effort, don't have to post, and you might sell it nice and quickly. But you do get chancers, like everywhere.

My favourite is when you have a post listing several items for sale, and they just send you a message with the automatic "is this still for sale" text. Am I supposed to read their mind to gather which particular item they're talking about?

I had a guy engage with me for a great long conversation about a set of speakers, finding out all about them and deciding they were perfect for him ... then offered half the price for them. He was perfectly polite throughout though, so to be honest I had no issue with it.

Back
Top Bottom