PC-O11 AIR RGB MIDI TOWER - BLACK WINDOW Fans+Fan controller recommendation

Soldato

You could... But each lighting node takes up a usb 2 internal header ...

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...INK/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW

What you can do is use 2 of them to controller 2 RGB hubs of 6 fans each ..

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

But then buying 6 single fans and two bundle packets is cheaper then 4 bundle bundles , and works out the same with including the Command Pro

4 packs and fan PWM splitters Vs

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £382.42 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

2 packs + 6 fans + splitters

Total: £354.24 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Vs

Command Pro + 2 packs + 6 fans + 4 splitters ( set of 3 fans ran from board )

Total: £416.24 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

I believe command unit gives better fan control over Asus mobo, best mobo I've used for fans is gigabyte but even still not as good as units such as the Command pro

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hmmm, I think that with the last option although the most expensive, would be the most straight forward one to go and most tidy of all.
Will go for that one then.

Thanks again for your time!

Associate
Also Corsair rep on here @CorsairChris but weekend . Can also double confirm the link up.

With the air.. you can get perfect equal positive/negative with fans being on show for perfect show ..

Intake on the front (fans RGB on full show at front of case), and bottom .(not on full show- brace side facing), exhaust for the top (fans in full show ) and mobo tray (again fans on full show)

Now, stock filters are naff on dynamic /air case and have of it isn't filtered

https://www.demcifilter.com/lian-li-pc-011-air-filter-kit

Would be nice if @ChugNorris can get these in stock as postage and dollar price hurts ...

Set up would look gorgeous with 9/12 fans on full RGB show and good airflow/filtration

You'll also need to use a Y splitter for each can as can only handle 6 fans, but each port can support 2 with a Y cable .

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-commander-pro-review,2.html

i actually was going to buy this case to replace my nzxt phantom, so glad i saw this post about the dust filters so i can buy the replacements ready when i swap ! appreciated! love the look and fan set up of the case

Associate
OP
I can confirm that there were no issue with my setup which includes the latest VEGA VII:) Cable management etc is really nice with this case.

Am going for 12 fans setup to replace the stocks fans and have nice airflow even from the bottom, and of course better aesthetics :)

Associate
I can confirm that there were no issue with my setup which includes the latest VEGA VII:) Cable management etc is really nice with this case.

Am going for 12 fans setup to replace the stocks fans and have nice airflow even from the bottom, and of course better aesthetics :)

perfect thanks i currently have a vega so wanted to check it fitted and cables fitted etc and not lean against the glass

Associate
OP
is the corsair commander much better then the NZXT GRid v3?
From videos and reviews that I found, seems that the Commander Pro is the most ideal when it comes to configuration and build quality.
Also, Corsair got a broader range of RGB items that can be added at a later stage with Commander Pro.

Associate
@Kavalier unfortunately not as the stock cooler with use Asus Aura to control RGB, our fans use our own ICUE software (allows you to do some more crazy stuff with the lighting). However our AIO liquid coolers are able to sync with the fans.

Soldato
Hello again guys,

Quick question, I would like to sync the Ryzen 2700x stock RGB fan with the other fans. How can I achieve such a result?

@Kavalier unfortunately not as the stock cooler with use Asus Aura to control RGB, our fans use our own ICUE software (allows you to do some more crazy stuff with the lighting). However our AIO liquid coolers are able to sync with the fans.

stock cooler is good, but can be LOUD, and if you want to push 4.2ghz all core overclock, well worth grabbing 240 AIO :)

AMD have done well with stock cooler but if your going to push the chip with manual overclock, naturally need to up the cooling as TDP does increase along with heat! I have to pump 1.43v to my 2700 non X to get it to 4.1ghz all cores and need a 360 AIO to keep 70c and quiet

Associate
OP
stock cooler is good, but can be LOUD, and if you want to push 4.2ghz all core overclock, well worth grabbing 240 AIO :)

AMD have done well with stock cooler but if your going to push the chip with manual overclock, naturally need to up the cooling as TDP does increase along with heat! I have to pump 1.43v to my 2700 non X to get it to 4.1ghz all cores and need a 360 AIO to keep 70c and quiet

I am quite happy with the 2700x cooler. However, I think will go for an AIO option to have all the fans in sync. Cause it does not make sense to have a setup like the one I am opting for where you have 12 rbg fans in a colour sequence and then the CPU heatsink showing other colours.

Soldato
I am quite happy with the 2700x cooler. However, I think will go for an AIO option to have all the fans in sync. Cause it does not make sense to have a setup like the one I am opting for where you have 12 rbg fans in a colour sequence and then the CPU heatsink showing other colours.

OCD Kicks in!!!!

I had 24pin rgb and HAD to get GPU version just because, and i dont even like RGB but my 4 yr son love it!!!

tow possible options for you, both being 360 AIO/CLC to keep in tie with the case

Total: £260.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

both would require ditching the fans as you already have RGB ones, and the Eisbaer fans are pants!!

Eisbaer has the better pump and radiator being copper and is modular - down side is customer service isn't the back with Alphacool and unit has to be controller via mobo and no iCue .
Corsair unit is latest Asetek pump but is louder and weaker then Eisbaer . Radiator is aluminum but has a higher Fin Density so both trade blows . Linked to iCue so pump and lighting is controlled via that

Back
Top Bottom