DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Soldato
Yes I am, based upon n that Reddit guide few pages back, is that a had thing?

Best vid I've seen on the subject. It's nearly 20 minutes but the guy examined tearing with a 1200FPS camera and also measured button-to-pixel delay for input lag. The TL;DR is that without an fps limiter, there is tearing even if your eyes don't notice it much. And the greatest input lag is with Vsync also enabled. The best combo is Gsync/Freesync ON + in-game fps limiter (2 below max Refresh Rate in most cases, not always). And if a game doesn't have one then Afterburner/Rivatuner fps limiter.

But for the stutter you're experiencing you should also experiment with your mouse's polling rate. You may need to decrease or increase it for the new screen. I had something like you describe when I picked up a Logitech G300S. In my case, the default polling rate (1000Hz) was too high for my 72Hz screen. Lowering it (to 125 or 250 I think, have uninstalled the software since and just kept onboard profile saved) immediately fixed it.

Soldato
Just took the plunge and ordered one of these, direct from Dell for £326 with discount. Hopefully a nice upgrade! I can likely see myself getting a new GPU soon to compliment it.

Running a 970 GPU with a BenQ XL2411 144Hz and even older BenQ G2420HDBL - I was going to swap out the old G2420, but now debating going triple monitors. :D

Associate
Just took the plunge and ordered one of these, direct from Dell for £326 with discount. Hopefully a nice upgrade! I can likely see myself getting a new GPU soon to compliment it.

Running a 970 GPU with a BenQ XL2411 144Hz and even older BenQ G2420HDBL - I was going to swap out the old G2420, but now debating going triple monitors. :D

Hi, How did you get it for this price from Dell? was it a student discount or something?

Really torn whether to go for this monitor or wait for a 144hz 1440p IPS alternative that is under £500 or just a 24inch 144hz tn panel for under £300
I always play FPS games and currently have a fairly old viewsonic 24inch 144hz monitor driven by a gtx1070 but have recently started streaming so would like to upgrade my main monitor and then use the current one as the 2nd screen.
It seems such a minefield out there at the moment for what monitor will tick all my boxes.

Associate
Just ordered one of these, looking forward to it arriving, can someone let me know if it comes with a good display port cable? Or would it be worth ordering one?

Associate
Whilst not this model I come into a bit of extra cash and through selling my Acer Predator Z301c I've bought 2 S2716DG monitors, wanted to move away from an Ultrawide monitor and make the step up on a solid performing 1440p 144mhz monitor. I'm looking to do my streaming both console and PC so thought nuts to it and bought 2.. maybe overkill but hey ho.

Wife wasn't impressed but never mind.

Associate
How does this look with scaled 1080? I need a 1440/27" monitor fairly urgently for work, but occasionally game as well. I can't afford to upgrade my gfx card to something that would cope with the increased resolution right now, but tend to keep monitors for a decade or more. Does this look passable at 1080? I'm not sure how high ppi has to get before non-integer scaling doesn't look terrible.

Soldato
Has anyone had issues enabling G-Sync on a 970 (or 9xx series card)? My Nvidia CP is not giving me the option. I have tried the below.

Although looking on Google I now wonder if 970 is compatible with 'Freesync monitors compatible for Gsync' there is mention it's for 1xxx series cards upwards only?

Using Displayport cable
Installed the monitor's display drivers
Updated and reinstalled Nvidia drivers (clean install)
Rebooted PC itself
Disabled Freesync and re-enabled on the Monitor

Associate
Has anyone had issues enabling G-Sync on a 970 (or 9xx series card)? My Nvidia CP is not giving me the option. I have tried the below.

Although looking on Google I now wonder if 970 is compatible with 'Freesync monitors compatible for Gsync' there is mention it's for 1xxx series cards upwards only?

Using Displayport cable
Installed the monitor's display drivers
Updated and reinstalled Nvidia drivers (clean install)
Rebooted PC itself
Disabled Freesync and re-enabled on the Monitor
yup, only 10## and 20## cards only. I'm a 980ti owner and it's a little annoying, and I'm hoping for a hack sometime (that doesn't need a 2nd ati card), but some have said it's due to the displayport version on the 9## series being too old.

Associate
Monitor sometimes receives this message after reset or shut down.First 3-4 days everything was fine.Any idea whats happening.

https://imgur.com/a/2n0yUNd

I have a buttprint : Rev A01 januar 2019

https://imgur.com/a/Ag2jmTz

2n0yUNd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom