Apex Legends BR

Associate
I would rate my favourite guns as:
Slow and steady - take your time, wait for the right moment - snipe/fire from afar before engaging?
Medium paced - a bit of sniping, with some close up action when needed
Fast paced - arc star out, get in their faces, hit your shots.
Just don't give a **** - drop solo and take 'em all on

Based on this I'm between fast paced and just don't give a ****. I like absolutely beaming people with the R301 and following it up with a mini howitzer in the form of whatever grenades I have.

Associate
Since the new update I've had aweful stuttering. Any fixes?

Windows 10 systems:

1. Close Apex Legends, hit your Windows key, and start typing “Graphics Settings”. Once the Graphics Settings option appears at the top of the window, select it. This will open a new window.
  2. Under the dropdown bar beneath “Choose an app to set preference”, select “Classic App”, and then click “Browse”.
  3. Navigate to the .exe file for Apex Legends, which you should find under Program Files (or Program Files x86) -> Origin Games. Select the .exe file once you have found it.
  4. Now click on the Apex Legends section which has appeared below the “Browse” button, and select “Options”. This will open a new window.
  5. In this new window, set the graphics preference to “High Performance”; then click “Save”, and quit out of the other window.
Turns out by default Apex tries to use the integrated grpahics on any system it can lay its hands on, which turned out to be the cause of a great many players’ lag and stutter issues

Soldato
Windows 10 systems:

1. Close Apex Legends, hit your Windows key, and start typing “Graphics Settings”. Once the Graphics Settings option appears at the top of the window, select it. This will open a new window.
  2. Under the dropdown bar beneath “Choose an app to set preference”, select “Classic App”, and then click “Browse”.
  3. Navigate to the .exe file for Apex Legends, which you should find under Program Files (or Program Files x86) -> Origin Games. Select the .exe file once you have found it.
  4. Now click on the Apex Legends section which has appeared below the “Browse” button, and select “Options”. This will open a new window.
  5. In this new window, set the graphics preference to “High Performance”; then click “Save”, and quit out of the other window.
Turns out by default Apex tries to use the integrated grpahics on any system it can lay its hands on, which turned out to be the cause of a great many players’ lag and stutter issues

Thanks I'll try that !

Soldato
Slow and steady - take your time, wait for the right moment - snipe/fire from afar before engaging?

Yaaaawwwnn. The game really hasn't been designed for camping. It's very easy to sit back find a corner and wait till last 2. You won't get better though.

Caporegime
Yaaaawwwnn. The game really hasn't been designed for camping. It's very easy to sit back find a corner and wait till last 2. You won't get better though.

exactly you need to get up and personal and finish them quickly before another squad nearby hears the shots and decides to join in bumming you when you have low health

Soldato
Fast paced - arc star out, get in their faces, hit your shots.
Just don't give a **** - drop solo and take 'em all on

I'm probably medium, but don't mind fast if I have the right weapons.

What I don't like is, drop, spend 10 minutes looting and then loose the first battle. I would rather drop hot, if you come out the winner you're really well set and off you go! If you lose, just get back in there!

One of my favourite starts for a while... love me a Skull Town drop -

I think between us we got about 11 kills before we left Skull Town.

Associate
It's not a game where spending hours just looting pays off. You need awareness, aim and mobility. If you don't have any of these then you need practice. And lots of it. Best to drop hot. Engage early but as a squad. Plan when and where to back off and heal. Trading shots till last man standing doesn't usually pay off. If an engagement takes too long, dip out and reposition or you WILL get pinched by other squads. Use your Q & E wisely. Once you wipe a squad always heal first before looting. Keep moving, loot quickly and move away. If you don't kill all 3 squad members look out and listen for dropships and the third legend. He has around 90 seconds to get the banners from his teammates. You can either wait for him and kill him or follow him to the respawn beacon and kill him & his mates again for the extra kills. Be wary of other squads who hear the dropship too. Playing the edge of the ring pays off mid to late game. Note the ring really chunks late game so position wisely. Getting caught out running for the ring at the end is a stupid mistake to make that usually costs dearly.

Associate
Whilst playing lst night I encountered my first cheater in the game. I got lasered from 300 meters away and managed to just about escape. We had run away and went to hide, they had no Bloodhound and no way of knowing which way we went, but this dude still managed to find and laser my head off.

I spent the rest of the match just spectating and watching some impecable tracking with the mastif they stole from my teammate, ultimately ending in demise for the other 2 squads. It was actaully tracking people over 400 meters away through walls, they were pinging "enemy here" the entire time.

Reported them and hopefully they get banned.

Soldato
What I don't like is, drop, spend 10 minutes looting and then loose the first battle. I would rather drop hot, if you come out the winner you're really well set and off you go! If you lose, just get back in there!

Absolutely this. At least even in those games it's not like in PUBG where it's the same thing but the slower pace means it might be 20 - 30 minutes of looting and then instantly lose

Associate
This game is great, but some of the things randoms do infuriate me

1 / don't sit in a cave, with exposure on all 4 sides, taking pop shots to a team 300 metres away when its early game and we have little ammo. opens us up to getting third partied from all directions, and you cant exactly one shot someone to death with a sniper

2 / don't relinquish jump master half way across the map

3 / if your two team mates are in a battle, and they both go down, and you have full health, go and get stuck in, especially if 2 of their team is down. don't hide in a hut waiting for them to come find you

4 / don't land at artillery

5/ don't land at skull town and then split up

6 / don't guzzle up all the ammo you see and all the health, you'd be surprised at how many people just pick up everything they see

7/ if your caustic, don't put your gas chambers down during a fight , we can't see either

8/ run miles ahead and then engage an enemy, when you can sit and wait for us to catch up and engage as 3, countless times, i hear " i'm down " and then they will be waiting for us

9/ this one is personal preference, if there's 5 squads left, and your still checking houses for loot, you are too slow. This is not a looting simulator, I want to get better at this game, and that requires me to shoot

anyone agree with any of these points?

Soldato
This game is great, but some of the things randoms do infuriate me

1 / don't sit in a cave, with exposure on all 4 sides, taking pop shots to a team 300 metres away when its early game and we have little ammo. opens us up to getting third partied from all directions, and you cant exactly one shot someone to death with a sniper

2 / don't relinquish jump master half way across the map

3 / if your two team mates are in a battle, and they both go down, and you have full health, go and get stuck in, especially if 2 of their team is down. don't hide in a hut waiting for them to come find you

4 / don't land at artillery

5/ don't land at skull town and then split up

6 / don't guzzle up all the ammo you see and all the health, you'd be surprised at how many people just pick up everything they see

7/ if your caustic, don't put your gas chambers down during a fight , we can't see either

8/ run miles ahead and then engage an enemy, when you can sit and wait for us to catch up and engage as 3, countless times, i hear " i'm down " and then they will be waiting for us

9/ this one is personal preference, if there's 5 squads left, and your still checking houses for loot, you are too slow. This is not a looting simulator, I want to get better at this game, and that requires me to shoot

anyone agree with any of these points?

Sounds like you need to get involved on Discord so you can at least be chatting with the rest of us whilst we do all of the above!

Just kidding :) Although, on your point of don't land at Artillery, if you don't like that, don't squad up with me and MissChief because that's our favourite place to drop!

I agree with your points though. I think splitting up at the start is ok as long as you've kept an eye out for others dropping into the same zone as you. If you're the only squad, you've got about three minutes to grab what you can whilst the others do the same elsewhere. Although Skull Town is rarely quiet!

Seriously though, get yourself onto Discord and squad up with some of us. Many of the issues you've mentioned will go away. We're not perfect (I'm far from it) but it's nice to get better together :)

Soldato
I land artillery aaaalll the time, great times to be had

almost all your other points can boil down to 'communication'
Not saying you need things, not sharing your plans, not sharing your loot.

Of the times I've ditched my second weapon to a teammate so we both have at least 1 tooled up with ammo, it's never gone as badly as it would have otherwise, but I'm all over pings and chat trying to get info out of people etc

Associate
Sounds like you need to get involved on Discord so you can at least be chatting with the rest of us whilst we do all of the above!

Just kidding :) Although, on your point of don't land at Artillery, if you don't like that, don't squad up with me and MissChief because that's our favourite place to drop!

I agree with your points though. I think splitting up at the start is ok as long as you've kept an eye out for others dropping into the same zone as you. If you're the only squad, you've got about three minutes to grab what you can whilst the others do the same elsewhere. Although Skull Town is rarely quiet!

Seriously though, get yourself onto Discord and squad up with some of us. Many of the issues you've mentioned will go away. We're not perfect (I'm far from it) but it's nice to get better together :)

I never have fun at artillery, I landed there before. There is two big buildings with small buildings on top. I had the whole right one to myself. zero weapons, barrel stabilizer and a white shield

I ran out of that building into a lifeline with a fully charged devotion

Associate
So you admit landing in artillery gives you a fully charged devotion? :p

I probably land Artillery in 60% of games

It does, it also gives gold armour, usually to my enemy

do you also notice even if you drop right at 0s, there is always 2-3 squads below you, its like they have jump advantage. I'm guessing its down to server sync etc

Soldato
It does, it also gives gold armour, usually to my enemy

do you also notice even if you drop right at 0s, there is always 2-3 squads below you, its like they have jump advantage. I'm guessing its down to server sync etc
Drop enough times and YOU'RE the enemy with gold armour ;)

well yeah, 4 squads drop at 0s and can't take the same space up, so they stack.
I find a lot of the time you're quicker waiting till 1-2s and dropping, you don't bump people and hit the ground sooner

Back
Top Bottom