*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
I got shot almost immediately as I landed in a remote part of the island by someone who had landed a few seconds before me. Not exactly great fun. Have only attempted two rounds, so who knows maybe I will come to understand the appeal of this mode? But agree with the other posts, that BF5 feels like a half a game compared to 4.

Caporegime
Battlefield V: Firestorm Game Ready Driver Released

Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers launch-day optimizations for BattlefieldTM V: Firestorm, in addition to optimizations for NVIDIA DLSS and DXR Ray Tracing in Shadow of the Tomb RaiderTM, optimizations for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, support for G-SYNC Compatible NVIDIA Surround display configurations, and support for a pair of new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors.

https://t.co/yHjogHrCmC

Soldato
BFV is a pretty sad state at the moment.

Players wanting more maps, more factions, an RSP program, game modes which don't disappear after two weeks, proper stats tracking rather than stupid weekly "everyone do the same thing assignments", and more of the fun we're used to from previous titles, and instead we all get the same drab customisations and firestorm.

It's just not battlefield. Hardlines was more battlefield than this. This is starwars battlefront in a ww2 dress.

The recent EE announced looks likely to upset the EE community as well, it's not some clever combination of discovery and actions, but apparently just a random shark event that has a 1/100 probability of occurring on a map. No point looking for a random event, so along with the server communities screwed by the lack of RSP, the EE community is left with nothing of note too.

It's almost as if they are trying to dismantle the BF community.

Associate
I won the first Firestorm match I played. Frostbite engine is soooooooo smooth compared to crappy PUBG/Unreal4. Seems like it also has better net-code. I is weird not being able to lean or look left/right independent of your body though.

Associate
If this has better netcode than PUBG then that shows how bad PUBG must be because the netcode in BF5 is utter gash.
Agreed, been a problem with BF games for years. Its probably still the same code from BF1942 days, that would explain the 64 player limit which was once revolutionary but now seems old when PUBG etc can have 100

Soldato
lol first game of the new BR... finished third only after Jackfrags calls a V1 on my light tank... i drive off and he V1's himself. Seen the clip on his YouTube live stream afterwards and i believe he is unloading the video later lol

Caporegime
Tried Firestorm today. It's a bit slow, clunky and feels unfinished. It's far from Apex Legends that's for certain. Another few weeks would have done wonders.

Soldato
Tried Firestorm today. It's a bit slow, clunky and feels unfinished. It's far from Apex Legends that's for certain. Another few weeks would have done wonders.

In all fairness Apex is extremely fast paced to to compare it to that is a bit off. IMO increase player count to 100, fix the extremely bad loot drop from corpses with a crate instead of minecraft style spew everything on the ground and then its not in a bad state.

In all fairness Apex is extremely fast paced to to compare it to that is a bit off. IMO increase player count to 100, fix the extremely bad loot drop from corpses with a crate instead of minecraft style spew everything on the ground and then its not in a bad state.

I think the point is Apex is just a more complete game. So far Firestorm feels like what it is, a BR game stuffed into BF.

Also getting one shotted from a panzerfaust gets old real quick in a BR game. No skill required.

Associate
Wow, just had a few games of this. What an absolute load of ****!

This game is just awful, I give up. It'll be bare in a few months with only a few people playing.

Such a shame from what was my favorite series :(

Caporegime
Wow, just had a few games of this. What an absolute load of ****!

This game is just awful, I give up. It'll be bare in a few months with only a few people playing.

Such a shame from what was my favorite series :(

BR is just so lame. I had 7 kills one game only to lose the game to some guy with 0 kills with some pure luck on his behalf.

Caporegime
1) Swaping items around is an obsolute chore
2) Shooting at people in front, then all of a sudden they are have vanished ( hard to track people )
3) It's fast but can be a bit too fast! Takes longer to get into a round than it does an entire match sometimes haha
4) Foot steps are too loud too close ( for example two houses over sounds like next door ).

Back
Top Bottom