• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080ti- aio options

Associate
my sister has got a Palit RTX 2080ti Gaming OC which appears to be working ok but temps are pushing 80s when gaming. Have tried to increase fan curve but then it sounds like a hovercraft.
Is there an AIO that could be used as she does not want to to back to watercooling at this time- I have seen that a Kraken G12 will fit but not sure about cooling on some of the VRMs
Any thoughts good people of Overclockers forum-land:D

Soldato
my sister has got a Palit RTX 2080ti Gaming OC which appears to be working ok but temps are pushing 80s when gaming. Have tried to increase fan curve but then it sounds like a hovercraft.
Is there an AIO that could be used as she does not want to to back to watercooling at this time- I have seen that a Kraken G12 will fit but not sure about cooling on some of the VRMs

I would in this situation return the palit and buy the ASUS rtx 2080ti thats on special price at overclockers till end of this month. Its a better card and cooler, having said that your temps are normal but it could also depend on whether there is adequate airflow in your case, that can also help with heat buildup.

Soldato
She wants me to try the g12 with a x72 cooler as she’s got them lying around- sisters eh, who’d have them :D

No problem but be warned that you will void your warranty with PALIT if you remove the cooler. If there are any stickers that say void if removed would not go ahead with your plan. 2080Ti have high failure rate or seem to by dying at random and if you dont have warranty in 6 months time because if palit see that you have tampered with it they will not honour the warranty.

I would double and treble check with palit to see if your have permission to remove the cooler.

2080TI without warranty cover is near useless.

Soldato

Undervolt it. Use OC Scanner with Power Limit on 90%. Take note of the recommended frequency for 1.0v and make that the max voltage and frequency. Increase Power Limit again, to allow for spikes.

If the card is limited by heat, or power, or both, good chance the overclock will effectively be faster than at stock at higher voltages. And will stay cooler and quieter.

Soldato

EK MLC and you can keep it for the next GPU also, only change the block.
And as you are to it, add the CPU also :p

Associate
No problem but be warned that you will void your warranty with PALIT if you remove the cooler. If there are any stickers that say void if removed would not go ahead with your plan. 2080Ti have high failure rate or seem to by dying at random and if you dont have warranty in 6 months time because if palit see that you have tampered with it they will not honour the warranty.

I would double and treble check with palit to see if your have permission to remove the cooler.

2080TI without warranty cover is near useless.

they can't void the warranty because you've removed the cooler.

Soldato
The price of this is huge- around £500 just for a rad and gpu block :eek:

LOL. Where you got those prices from?
240mm rad module costs £103
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...nix-240mm-radiator-core-module-hs-004-ek.html
and you can get the 120mm module for less if you watercool only the card

Then you need another £160 for the waterblock EK MLC prefilled EK-Vector RTX 2080 TI RGB
(it comes with the fittings and liquid ready to plug, not just the block alone).

At what point in time those cost £500?

Soldato
was reporting in US$ and it had added 2 blocks- stupid boy:D

I have a Predator 360 which is more restrictive than the MLC, and is the best investment ever did.
Currently using non EK waterblocks also, but using the fittings and QDC tubbing to do my job from an previous waterblock :)

Also have modded the CPU block to monoblock for the Z370-I Strix.

It has all the benefits of proper custom watercooling, none the drawbacks and it needs draining, flushing and refilling ever 24-36 months. FYI Just did mine few weeks back when left Britain, after 3 years constant used and numerous waterblocks changes.

OcUK Staff
Associate
OP
Think I will try and see if a 240 fractal design will fit the kraken G12 and see what it’s like- day can always put the original cooler back on I suppose while I look at the Phoenix option

EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING

EVGA_FTW3_2080ti_Hybrid.jpg

:eek: I think I'm in love :eek:
(How to tell the wife though lol).
  • Stock Boost Clock 1755 MHz (+13.6%)
  • Stock Memory Clock 1750 MHz
  • 19 Power Phases
  • Dedicated memory plate in direct contact with the water block
  • EVGA iCX2 Technology (9 Additional Thermal Sensors)
I bet it OCs like a dream.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom