Warning for all motherboard owners

Associate
i remember a while back OCUK were all made up about how they got ASUS to give them special RMA rights when you buy through them. and they made the huge post announcing it and even posted it on all the items on the shop. now i assume this isnt in place anymore? so have they announced that it isnt in place anymore and made people aware that the special RMA service between the two is no longer in place?

Sellers always shout from the rooftops about what they've got, never see them do that when they haven't got

Associate
I have always given ASUS a wide berth just because of such issues. And when ocuk said they had special rma thing I sort of put that at the back of my mind. Well now it’s back at the front.

Soldato
so have they announced that it isnt in place anymore and made people aware that the special RMA service between the two is no longer in place?
that had better hope that they have or at least can demonstrate that they made reasonable effort to notify customers. failure to do so could potentially open them up to issues down the line, especially if they run in to an obstreperous customer.

Associate
Gigabyte´s boards are not that great VRM wise i read somewhere before. Pretty sure i will be buying MSI next purchase and probably from Amazon at that. Ocuk have not painted themselves in glory here messing OP around.

Gigabyte x390 boards have the best VRM's and I am using one now, runs sweet and is rock solid at 5ghz. Asus have dropped the ball with not only poor and difficult RMA's but also the quality control is no where near as good as it was years ago. I had always been an ASUS fan because I had never had any issues with there boards.
but building my last system with an asus X390 rog extreme not a cheap board, it was DOA just the power button light and bios LED flashed on and off. afters hours spent with the board in and out of the case, different PSU along with different ram. the only thing left was the board itself. So I purchased a gigabyte X390 Aorus extreme
and it booted first time and overclocks real easy.

So I RMA the board back to etailer, and it was tested and found faulty, so got a refund the same day. I am pleased the Asus didn't fail in 3 months or it might well have been ASUS RMA via etailer. So until Asus improve there RMA service and quality control I will no longer be buying any boards or anything else from them.
A top of the range board should never be DOA. not at that price! Asus should not rest on there laurels of years past as other manufactures have caught up and exceeded them in many ways including RMA.

Soldato
Gigabyte´s boards are not that great VRM wise i read somewhere before. Pretty sure i will be buying MSI next purchase and probably from Amazon at that. Ocuk have not painted themselves in glory here messing OP around.

Z370 series, weren't great. Z390 is a different ball game and sent boards to those that were critical of the series before, all to have the opposite reaction. Buildzoid being one of them. Aorus boards pretty much the best along with being not as expensive say to Asus .

Associate
I have never had an asus product fail, and have built four PC's over 15 years based solely on asus parts wherever possible, even down to the DVD drive. It surprises me the warranty is bad, although I've never had to use it to be fair!

Soldato
I have never had an asus product fail, and have built four PC's over 15 years based solely on asus parts wherever possible, even down to the DVD drive. It surprises me the warranty is bad, although I've never had to use it to be fair!
Pray you never do have to use it because you will change your opinion on Asus rather sharpish if you do.

Man of Honour
11 weeks and counting

:eek: How on earth can it take 11 weeks? I'd be over there in person by the end of the week suffering withdrawl symptoms :p

Finally resolved, overclockers just issued a full refund. Im glad its over and that their customer service worked out.

Glad it worked out, but why did it take so long? They have always resolved my issues in a matter of days, if not hours.

Well this drama has certainly been enlightening. To refuse an RMA on that basis... Never heaard owt like it. Can´t say i will buy from Asus in the future!

Bizzare. It just looks like a bit of cheap flaky paint. Good to know, shall avoid Asus in future.

Soldato
Bizzare. It just looks like a bit of cheap flaky paint. Good to know, shall avoid Asus in future.

And so said all of us. Word of mouth in an enthusiast community (of any sort) is powerful. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I wouldn't be buying Asus again (I currently have a Maximus X Hero). Once Ryzen 3xxx is out - hopefully in the rumoured 3850X 16c/32t format - I'll be upgrading my whole rig. I think my mobo will be Gigabyte next time around; but whatever it ends up being, it won't be anything from Asus. You'd think Asus would be falling over themselves to stop things like this happening. I suppose they feel they're too big to care.

Associate
I will definitely be avoiding Asus motherboards from now on. I didn't like their support when I had a Asus Z97-K motherboard. Now this experience from OP has totally put me off Asus altogether.

Soldato
And so said all of us. Word of mouth in an enthusiast community (of any sort) is powerful. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I wouldn't be buying Asus again (I currently have a Maximus X Hero). Once Ryzen 3xxx is out - hopefully in the rumoured 3850X 16c/32t format - I'll be upgrading my whole rig. I think my mobo will be Gigabyte next time around; but whatever it ends up being, it won't be anything from Asus. You'd think Asus would be falling over themselves to stop things like this happening. I suppose they feel they're too big to care.

Rumor has it that Asus has copied Aorus for x570 VRM line up . See if they can copy UK service haha
Either way should enjoy the Aorus line up, said to be better then z390 boards

Soldato
ASUS as a company has absolutely no interest in supporting customers and hasn’t done for a lot of years. Gigabyte/MSI/ASRock/Supermicro do a better job, spend your money as you choose, but this is just one example of ASUS’ level of service, believe it or not it’s nowhere near the worst i’ve read.

That said I have to admit to having a few ASUS boards/GPU’s, but they were ex review kit that had been superseded and came free on the very strict understanding they would never, ever be RMA’d. Come to think about it, free and zero warranty isn’t much different to the service paying customers get unfortunately.

Associate
Had a customer with an x470 prime pro. He replaced the board 4 times through Amazon rma's. Everything worked fine for him for 15 minutes he said.

A new cpu, new ram, known good gpu from myself installed and an hour in I get the exact same issue with the same board I purchased separately and verified the build to be good.

Ordered a gigabyte board from here and I guarantee I won't have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom