***Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice***

Soldato
Wish I could get this game now but I'm still not done with DMC5 and have RE2 to replay:/

Played a bit on a friend's PS4 and really liked it, normal enemies are manageable and I did the first general first try but the ogre killed me with a grab:p That's where I stopped as I don't want to spoil myself, have to explore the locations properly when I get it as I just bum-rushed everything.

I hope I'll be able to finish the game as I can definitely see it becoming more mechanically demanding than Bloodborne.

Soldato
Itching to pull the trigger and just play it between RE2 and DMC5, but can someone tell me if Japanese subs are selectable? I mostly play in the evening and keep the volume reasonably low so it'd be nice to have subs if I don't understand some parts:p

EDIT: All right, there are Japanese subs, bought it. Bring on the pain as I don't have a single relaxing game currently, all that's left is RE2 on Hardcore, DMC5 on higher difficulies and Sekiro:p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Itching to pull the trigger and just play it between RE2 and DMC5, but can someone tell me if Japanese subs are selectable? I mostly play in the evening and keep the volume reasonably low so it'd be nice to have subs if I don't understand some parts:p

EDIT: All right, there are Japanese subs, bought it. Bring on the pain as I don't have a single relaxing game currently, all that's left is RE2 on Hardcore, DMC5 on higher difficulies and Sekiro:p

I don't speak Japanese, not one tiny bit. Yet I've left the language to Jap instead of Eng as it just makes the game so much better in my opinion.

Soldato
Thanks, shame I panicked when I had my back to the bamboo.

So, I came across this guy yesterday after wall jumping up. I turned around and ran immediately, jumping off into the water below. 10s later I receive an item and lots of xp.

I was able to climb back up and grab what he was guarding afterwards. Probably the easiest fight I’ve had in the game so far :D

Soldato
I don't speak Japanese, not one tiny bit. Yet I've left the language to Jap instead of Eng as it just makes the game so much better in my opinion.

Yeah, they probably intended it that way as Japanese audio is on by default. I'll just set subs to Japanese as well for that extra layer of immersion:D

Soldato
Loving this game so far, loved all previous souls games (except ds2). Having the japanese language on by default was a good choice as it adds to the immersion i think, the english just doesnt sound right.

Soldato
OP
For a giggle, I bought DS1 Remastered last night, booted it up and Sekiro in my opinion is harder. Being able to shield away and parry with ease made it much more forgiving. I also have no reprogrammed my mind back into the button layout so no doubt I'll be using items by accident in Sekiro lol

Soldato
Just managed to kill Lady Butterfly, 1 tough b****!

Killed her yesterday, really good fight. I actually cleared all the way to her right after I got the Bell from the old woman and after so many tries I gave up and played on through Ashina.

I've made a lot of progress this weekend, and I'm so much better at the combat now finding the style of play that fits me, aggression where as before I would be playing too passive and defensively only going for deflects but getting rekt in the process.

Associate
Yesterday I've also finally beat Lady Butterfly after many attempts last Thursday, learnt her pattern and went full on dark souls style of chipping damage away but also going aggressive in keeping her posture bar up.
Did the same in the second phase which she was only able to do her ghost technique once against me.
Also beaten the boss on the horse on my second attempt, wasn't as tough as Lady butterfly but a nice clean fight in a large open space.

Associate
So is this game as good as they say then? I really like the look of it but i haven't paid £40 for a PC game in a longtime! Thats the cheapest i can find it on cdkeys.

Soldato
So is this game as good as they say then? I really like the look of it but i haven't paid £40 for a PC game in a longtime! Thats the cheapest i can find it on cdkeys.

Tough, but it is rewarding.

Kind of reminds me of that film, Edge of Tomorrow. Chances are you suck and you die over and over, but eventually you figure it out and progress :p

Probably not aimed at people who have temper issues though!

Soldato
Thanks for the info. Regarding the temper issues i may have to pass then haha.

Whilst I would always encourage supporting the game developers for good quality games, this one hasn't got any copy protection so there is a version out there that you can download and try.

This is a major benefit for you because you can see if you actually like it or not before buying.

Personally I purchased it on the PS4 and am still working through it.

Back
Top Bottom