Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing - * Updated 21/08/23 *

Caporegime
What this forum is for:

Hi Armageus, would it be possible with your permission to post our website articles ONLY in this section? We are a huge assest to the retro gaming community, being one of the major sites in the scene supporting retro games and homebrews across the globe. There are so many games people are missing out on, I think this group will benefit from :)
Indie Retro News

Don
OP
Hi Armageus, would it be possible with your permission to post our website articles ONLY in this section? We are a huge assest to the retro gaming community, being one of the major sites in the scene supporting retro games and homebrews across the globe. There are so many games people are missing out on, I think this group will benefit from :)
Indie Retro News

I will discuss with the rest of the Moderating team and get back to you

Caporegime
I will discuss with the rest of the Moderating team and get back to you

Hey Armageus any updates? :)

1) I will only post news that I feel people will really really be interested in
2) If there's a specific update about said game, it will go in its own thread not multiple threads as not to spam

Soldato
something like that, it was a very long time ago but very good at the time. people would look back at that now and think anyone was crazy to play such as basic game (of black and white squares).

Great gameplay though, the speccy version was good too. By the legendary Don Priestly!

Associate
First of all I wanna say HI for everyone in this forum because this is my 1st post here. This specific retro gaming section got my eye on it. So I can tell little bit of my retro hobby and what pc's and consoles I have.

I own 486DX25Mhz with 4M of ram what came to me with 40MB HDD. Now I have installed there a Sound Blater 16 and HDD is replaced with a CF-card. This still uses only floppy disk 3,5" and 5,25". This computer has a real old monitor no lcd monitor. Best part of this whole set is a computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse which makes it Compaq's full set. I use only Dos 6.22 in this machine, not even Win 3.0 or 3.1 or similar.

Then I have later retro pc's like Pentium, Pentium III and so on.

This pentium is my real ultimate retro machine of all kind. Here is a list of this machine.

- It is Pentium 150Mhz with add ons like: S3 2D video card with Cretive 3DFX Voodoo II 12MB, Sound card in it, working with a Roland MT-32 and this computer got also CF-card inside so no need to take HDD issues later. OS: Win98SE.

- Pentium III is 1Ghz model with Awe Sound card in it. More than enough of memory. This computer got some Geforce if I do not missrecall. Using OS: Win98SE

Then I got few other pentiums and 486 computers on restoration when I got time and motivtion to build those.

This is not a whole list because I have also Commodores like Commode 64 Breadbin. Then I also own Amiga 1200 with puffed up like accelerator card of Blizzard 1260 with 66Mhz cpu (plus built in fpu math processor which also runs obvious same 66Mhz like cpu does). RAM I have this card alone 128MB + SCSI kit provide another memory slot which also has installed 128MB of ram which makes it total of 256MB of ram (2x128MB). Also this Amiga 1200 is replaced and installed CF-card inside.

Consoles what I own is Sega Saturn | Snes | Ps1 | XboX Classic |

All what is above is 100% working order. I make everything only for myself and thats why everything need to be in working order. My favorite games was adventure games back in the days.

Associate
First of all I wanna say HI for everyone in this forum because this is my 1st post here. This specific retro gaming section got my eye on it. So I can tell little bit of my retro hobby and what pc's and consoles I have.

I own 486DX25Mhz with 4M of ram what came to me with 40MB HDD. Now I have installed there a Sound Blater 16 and HDD is replaced with a CF-card. This still uses only floppy disk 3,5" and 5,25". This computer has a real old monitor no lcd monitor. Best part of this whole set is a computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse which makes it Compaq's full set. I use only Dos 6.22 in this machine, not even Win 3.0 or 3.1 or similar.

Then I have later retro pc's like Pentium, Pentium III and so on.

This pentium is my real ultimate retro machine of all kind. Here is a list of this machine.

- It is Pentium 150Mhz with add ons like: S3 2D video card with Cretive 3DFX Voodoo II 12MB, Sound card in it, working with a Roland MT-32 and this computer got also CF-card inside so no need to take HDD issues later. OS: Win98SE.

- Pentium III is 1Ghz model with Awe Sound card in it. More than enough of memory. This computer got some Geforce if I do not missrecall. Using OS: Win98SE

Then I got few other pentiums and 486 computers on restoration when I got time and motivtion to build those.

This is not a whole list because I have also Commodores like Commode 64 Breadbin. Then I also own Amiga 1200 with puffed up like accelerator card of Blizzard 1260 with 66Mhz cpu (plus built in fpu math processor which also runs obvious same 66Mhz like cpu does). RAM I have this card alone 128MB + SCSI kit provide another memory slot which also has installed 128MB of ram which makes it total of 256MB of ram (2x128MB). Also this Amiga 1200 is replaced and installed CF-card inside.

Consoles what I own is Sega Saturn | Snes | Ps1 | XboX Classic |

All what is above is 100% working order. I make everything only for myself and thats why everything need to be in working order. My favorite games was adventure games back in the days.
How long have those CF cards been going for in those computers and how often are they used?

I had no end of issues using CF cards I think harddrives are much more reliable.

Soldato
Flibster said:
Problem with an emulation blanket ban, there goes the nes classic, snes classic, new mini megadrive, neogeo x, TheC64, the RetronHD console and the like. It's ALL emulation.

Really should include Dosbox, virtual machines, Nintendo virtual console, xbox and playstation backwards compatibility too...

All of which are legally above board, and openly discussed by their respective manufacturers. If anyone starts talking about how to sideload additional "romz" onto those hardware devices, then that's the line overstepped.

With regards to the mention of ZX Spectrum legality above - whilst the system roms are now legally redistributable, the vast majority of software still isn't (and as far as I know, there hasn't been a licensed Spectrum emulator package).

There is already a historical thread that mentions Amiga Forever, so happy for discussion on that to continue providing it doesn't diverge off track.

Hi, are we able to discuss the possible emulation the A500 mini uses and how it compares in options to WinUAE?
E.g. What CPU, FPU, RAM and expansions it will have and speed comparible to original Amiga systems in SysInfo - Dhrystones / Mips.

The A500 mini comes with many rom images for different Amiga system emulation by the sounds of it and WinUAE can be setup with licensed roms from Amiga forever

Don
OP
Based on your feedback (@JoeBoi and others) - this sub-forum has been expanded to officially include Sixth Generation consoles (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube), as well as Windows XP and Vista.

A few other minor additions and clarifications have been made to the first post - please take a couple of minutes to re-read them.

Back
Top Bottom