*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Nintendo would be mad, it's still selling well! I can see a version that loses some of the bezel to either make it smaller (Jap friendly) or bigger screen XL style. It will keep the joycon compatibility, bonkers not to

No nintendo would be smart. In order to keep up with the status quo they have to look to improve where they can. Rather than live off past laurels and stagnate. They need to constantly innovate and improve to stay on top.

Only a moron would take the decision not to improve their product when they can in a competitive market. Unless they have the marketing of say Apple behind them where people will buy regardless of the overpriced tat they put out.

Soldato
No, it's a good idea. Smaller, cheaper model would sell extremely well.....and a newer model with thin bezels and perhaps a dieshrink cpu would also be a winner.

I can see the cheaper model flying off the shelves.

The one thing that confuses me with Nintendo, is a lack of a wii sports port

Soldato
I think it's motion control that is stopping a proper Wii sports port. I loved Wii Sports, Resort and Club. But with only having one motion control joy con that is around 2/3 the size of a Wiimote, I don't see it working too well

Associate
I think it's motion control that is stopping a proper Wii sports port. I loved Wii Sports, Resort and Club. But with only having one motion control joy con that is around 2/3 the size of a Wiimote, I don't see it working too well

What do you mean 1 motion control joycon? Both joy cons have motion control. We use them all for Mario Party and loads of min-games require motion control.

Man of Honour
No nintendo would be smart. In order to keep up with the status quo they have to look to improve where they can. Rather than live off past laurels and stagnate. They need to constantly innovate and improve to stay on top.

Only a moron would take the decision not to improve their product when they can in a competitive market. Unless they have the marketing of say Apple behind them where people will buy regardless of the overpriced tat they put out.

You have such a twisted view on things. Why minimise profit when your product is selling like hot cakes?

Caporegime
You have such a twisted view on things. Why minimise profit when your product is selling like hot cakes?

Because it won't sell like hot cakes forever.

If Sony launched a better product in say 6 months time they could lose all future sales for instance.

The likes of Mercedes Benz lived off past laurels as did Jaguar and a few other car makers. They are now back to constantly improving their offerings but they are in a much more competitive market.

Living off past success leads to stagnation which isn't good for anyone unless you have a monopoly of the market. Which they sort of do with the switch. Which is why they probably wouldn't upgrade but if a new vita was to come out which steals a lot of the good innovation from nintendo the tide could turn.

They could easily never revise this but that is because they are in a unique position where there is no real competitor.

Man of Honour
Because it won't sell like hot cakes forever.

If Sony launched a better product in say 6 months time they could lose all future sales for instance.

The likes of Mercedes Benz lived off past laurels as did Jaguar and a few other car makers. They are now back to constantly improving their offerings but they are in a much more competitive market.

Living off past success leads to stagnation which isn't good for anyone unless you have a monopoly of the market. Which they sort of do with the switch. Which is why they probably wouldn't upgrade but if a new vita was to come out which steals a lot of the good innovation from nintendo the tide could turn.

They could easily never revise this but that is because they are in a unique position where there is no real competitor.

Your last post said they are in a competitive market which contradicts this post.

I agree that if they had direct competition then they would need to innovate more, or compete on price which is more effective, but they have no direct competition.

Caporegime
Your last post said they are in a competitive market which contradicts this post.

I agree that if they had direct competition then they would need to innovate more, or compete on price which is more effective, but they have no direct competition.

well they are and they aren't.

they are in the console market which is competitive but then they are in their own subsection which is a hybrid console between handheld and connected to a tv.

so it is a competitive market but the segment they currently are in they own it. companies have tried to break into it but apart from the psp and vita i don't think anything other than nintendo has sold well.

if they wanted to make a more powerful version to compete with ps4 and xb1 then they would need to keep on top of hardware but as it stands they are more indirect competitors.

anyone looking to buy a ps4 or xb1 wouldn't really buy a switch and vice versa. however that could change in future if a new psp was launched or an upgraded docked switch.

Associate
Definitely Zelda at some point, but Trials and Mario to start with.

I'm finding myself using the joycons for Mario, enjoy the little motion elements and the freedom of them.

Zelda I pretty exclusively use my Pro Controller, just feels better for "proper" gaming.

That's a great price. I'm happy to show you the ropes on Smash.

Yes mate, I'm around most Weekend evenings, and Thursday friday this week :)

Man of Honour
I'm finding myself using the joycons for Mario, enjoy the little motion elements and the freedom of them.

Zelda I pretty exclusively use my Pro Controller, just feels better for "proper" gaming.

Yes mate, I'm around most Weekend evenings, and Thursday friday this week :)

Trust me your switch friend code.

Back
Top Bottom