HP Reverb

Associate
Finally, a "gen 2" type resolution. I'll definitely be getting this, even though it uses LCD's. I'd MUCH rather have worse blacks with RGB stripe LCD than pentile garbage AMOLED. Pentile is absolutely horrific.

Associate
If I didn’t get a Pimax 5k+ I’d be all over this. Once you go large fov for simracing, there’s no going back. For those who won’t experience that, this is a great gen 2 upgrade for simracing.

Associate
I really want to try the Pimax 5k+ this HP and the Oculus S in person back to back, spec wise and from first impressions, it looks like i'll probably upgrade to this from my original Oculus rift at the moment. I'd rather have worse black levels to keep the vertical/horizontal pixel screen door effect too.

Associate
I really want to try the Pimax 5k+ this HP and the Oculus S in person back to back, spec wise and from first impressions, it looks like i'll probably upgrade to this from my original Oculus rift at the moment. I'd rather have worse black levels to keep the vertical/horizontal pixel screen door effect too.
Do we know when the HP is out?

I keep throwing coins at my monitor in readiness.

Associate

The Rift S has garbage resolution, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I have the 5K+, it's "ok". Not as good as I was expecting. The Reverb having 9.3 mil pixels that are RGB stripe I think is easily going to be the best.

Soldato
Shame it probably isn’t possible to combine vive wands (or knuckles when they come out) with the reverb headset... that would make for a very good overall VR unit.

I’m tempted however to keep my OG rift for games that really use tracking properly and get the reverb for racing/flying games.

Soldato
I'm all.over this. Shame the rift s isn't the same res. Looks like I'll just ship from Oculus to hp.

The Rift S apparent resolution is a lot higher than the specs would suggest, due to the extra subpixels. The DCS world developers have said it's a huge improvement in their game for reading cockpit dials, etc. I find this in the Oculus Go too, text is way clearer.

From Tested's hands-on it seems like the sweet spot of the index may be pretty narrow compared to the Rift S.

Associate
lol "apparent". Marketing speak for "we smeared petroleum jelly on the panels to hide the low resolution and SDE". "Don't mind that everything is blurry".

Soldato
My R9 290 might even power it, as at the moment im still using the DK2 but its still a great headset but the lack in a decent controller and limited to what will run on it, lets the side down. So I might buy a new one later in the year and this sounds like a decent upgrade to my dk2, if its not a walk about one as Im in a wheelchair.

Any idea how compatible this is ie will it run all games that the HTC and Oculus does and when is it due to come out?

Associate
The Reverb is not even worth considering at this point. The inferior tracking system and terrible WMR controllers leave much to be desired!

Back
Top Bottom