*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Permabanned
Firestorm

played this for the first time today, after waiting about 15 min each time for the game to start. i was killed both times the seconds i hit the ground.
i will not be loading this game mode again

BR is just so lame. I had 7 kills one game only to lose the game to some guy with 0 kills with some pure luck on his behalf.

the noob's call that strategy, let you do all the killing then pop you off in a 1v1 at the end

Caporegime
Firestorm

played this for the first time today, after waiting about 15 min each time for the game to start. i was killed both times the seconds i hit the ground.
i will not be loading this game mode again

the noob's call that strategy, let you do all the killing then pop you off in a 1v1 at the end

Solo it is the best way. I ended up getting into the last 3 and saw one guy who I should have just let run past me because as soon as I fired I alerted my position and was killed by the other person left. Who had green weapons. Lol.

Soldato
Battlefield has now an identity crisis . It’s really odd lol.
Farce

It really does. The BR mode isn't bad, it's just not battlefield. The rest of BFV seems spread very thin, there's a lack of maps, factions, and the all important (for communities) RSP. We have game modes appearing for 2 weeks then disappearing whether or not they were popular. The chapters basically force you to play the map/mode of the moment, and then double down by persuading everyone to perform the same challenges simultaneously.

There a lot of good things in this game, but some really horrible things which prevent what could be one of the best entries in the series from actually being fun to play a lot of the time.

Other gripes:
-Getting locked into unnecessary animations
-Spotting should either be in or out, not this halfway where most of the time no-one is spotted and then other times where your team or the enemy team are all spotted because someone is using a spotting scope or has the right vehicle perk.
-Spawns can still be atrocious. You kill a guy in an empty room, turn round and their mate spawns on their dead body and ganks you.
-Visibility. (I should post my vid of the invisible MMG player.)
-prone camping being an effective meta.
-flag capture information lagging so badly that a flag you thought was safe and not contested flips immediately on your HUD while you've been running in the opposite direction because that flag was safe.
-game modes that sometimes just go on for ever for no good reason
-Grand operations punishes you severely for stomping the enemy in the early stages, then your team give up and leave.

It's unfinished, and lacking in focused direction.

Associate
The rest of BFV seems spread very thin, there's a lack of maps, factions, and the all important (for communities) RSP.

One of the major problems with the game lately could be very easily helped by a RSP is the hacker issue. Having admins being able to ban in-game is sorely missing.

Caporegime
a new hotfix driver

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4789?linkId=100000005609593

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 425.11 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 419.67 (R418 release). This Hotfix driver addresses the following:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands: Game crashes when accessing the inventory menu
Ark Survival Evolved: Fixes random crashes on GeForce RTX 20 series GPUs
Fixes corrupted graphics in games on ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS notebooks introduced in driver 419.35

Caporegime
What happened with the Soldier Dragging feature?
Having discovered that soldier dragging would negatively impact the core gameplay loop, we’ve decided to not add the feature to Battlefield V. To make soldier dragging look and play well, complex and long animations are necessary. This would make reviving feel slow and unresponsive, which would affect the pacing of Battlefield V’s gameplay.

Called this months ago.

Soldato
Glad to see that being busy with work and not getting chance to play anything mean I've not missed much. Firestorm seem to be as expected, disappointing.

One of the major problems with the game lately could be very easily helped by a RSP is the hacker issue. Having admins being able to ban in-game is sorely missing.

It will only solve part of the problem, the admins have to be near constantly active to catch and ban people. While they will catch the most blatant cases, for every one cheater standing at the back of the headshoting entire enemy team with an LMG there are 10 more being slightly intelligent and just using wall hack to gain an advantage, without any of the auto aim bits. Stopping these people is the real challenge and not something that active admins can do, You need a proper anti cheat system.

Called this months ago.

Yep hardly a surprise there, and another one to the list of lies that were told by DICE / EA about BFV

Associate
It will only solve part of the problem

Mate, anything is better than the ****-storm in place a the moment. I was admin on a BF3 server and all we literally did was sit in the background grinding suspicious stats and chasing down dodgy accounts. I agree that the more 'skilled' hackers will always get away with it because of smokescreen tactics but they aren't actually usually the ******** that spoil a round. They can almost be lived with. It's the **** with the MMG that goes 100-1 in 10 mins that breaks a round. Cnuts.

Play a solo game in squad mode (my team quite before we even dropped?!).

Placed second (full squad stomped me at the end), but there is something lacking. In other BR games getting down to the final few enemies you can feel the tension. In this? I don't know what it is but it is missing something.

Caporegime
zmvoCIq.jpg

At last can relax a little now. As this game mode is 100% luck based whatever people say. Ended up with 3 spotting flares and a artillery strike with pink mg42 and pink fg42. Just used my flares on the last 4 and camped my way to the top. Finished off the last guy with artillery.

Can get back to normal game mode now!

Associate
Tried a round of firestorm for first time last night, did a squad game as I have never played a BR game before. Spent most of the game running or hiding which isn't much fun compared to the carnage of conquest I'm used to. Ended up with 5 kills (squad got 14) only to be killed right at the end by a guy with no kills until that point.

Maybe I'm getting old but I really don't see the attraction of BR, very slow paced and seems to reward hiding over actually shooting or going for any form of objective. Back to conquest for me, just badly need some new maps now.

Soldato
The start of a round in Firestorm is fun, so is mid game but end game just turns into a camp fest, this is where Apex shines because camping gets you killed, but I like the solo aspect of not having to hope you don't get a bunch of oxygen wasting keyboard dribblers in order to make chances of winning better

Associate
What have they done to spotting? used to be Q and spot everything now it hardly works.

Where have you been?

Spotting as it was in past BF titles is gone. Now it's done by suppressing fire or Recon flare guns/spotting scopes.

It's now a neither here nor there approach to spotting

Back
Top Bottom