Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Associate
nice! which ram kit ?

least it shows with a well designed board to start with, bios can improve it - if its a poorly designed board, no amount of bios updates can help :D

Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHz

I've not tried doing it manually yet, still not been able to hit the 4000mhz.

Soldato
Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-32000C18 4000MHz

I've not tried doing it manually yet, still not been able to hit the 4000mhz.

nice, have this kit but ye to move over to Master board, currently rocking X470 Aorus 7 and landed 3700hz till i updated the bios yesterday and back down to 3600hz :(

Associate
Hi , I am looking at possibly getting the Aorus master version of this board, I have a Corsair TX850M power supply, do you know if I can use one of the blue connectors for the second 8 pin power to the CPU.

Thanks in advance

http://andyr.photoswarm.com

Associate
@andyr I believe the second EPS connector can indeed be plugged into one of those blue ports.
Thanks for the reply , can I ask what do you recommend for memory for this board , without breaking the bank too much.

and last question can I use a " Samsung 970 PRO Polaris 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive " as the boot drive ?

Thanks andyr

Associate
I wish they'd sort the smart fan 5 10c offset in the bios, dropped a message to the gigabyte rep in the states to get onto the bios team never heard anything back...

Bit of a pain in the donkey to tune the fan curve when it's not following the CPU package or cores and instead some temp sensor near or under the socket

Love the Z390 master otherwise minus the coil whine but I'll love with that for decent a decent VRM and actual VRM heatsinks

Man of Honour
Thanks for the reply , can I ask what do you recommend for memory for this board , without breaking the bank too much.

and last question can I use a " Samsung 970 PRO Polaris 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive " as the boot drive ?

Thanks andyr

@andyr With regards to memory it doesn't really matter so much on Intel boards about brand and chips used. I just went for a fast kit for the cheapest price I could find which is how I ended up with the 16Gb GSkill Trident Z 3866mhz C18 kit which just happened to be Samsung B-die. It does 3866mhz@C17 but after much tweaking the sweet spot seems to be 3600mhz@C16. I haven't tried overclocking it as that would require slacker timings and after 3600mhz@C16 it's a case of diminishing returns. I got it on offer elsewhere for £154 but it's over £209 now. What I would say is get the fastest kit with the lowest timings you can find, ideally a minimum 3000/3200mhz C14 which will take a bit of hunting down as most on here are C16 at those speeds apart from the expensive 8pack kits. Top end I would say 3600mhz@C16 unless you are prepared to do a lot of tweaking and testing to get tighter timings on faster stuff. Shop around as some places have kits with tighter timings for similar prices as here. One important thing is that if you are using a pair of sticks place them in slots A2&B2 for maximum stability/compatibility. I just downloaded the memory support list for the master to make sure it's the same pair of slots as my Pro.

Using the Samsung 970 Pro Polaris 1Tb as a boot drive won't be a problem. I have the 250Gb version as my boot drive and a Corsair MP510 960Gb as my Steam drive.

Unless you are going for a 9900k you won't need the second EPS cable.

Soldato

Thanks andyr

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £448.63 (includes shipping: £8.70)

you can also pick up Aorus ram for under £150 - Samsung B-die . Change ram speed from 3200 to 3600 and leave the times and good to go

DUAL EPS spreads the load/cleaner delivery to VRMs . Technically you need a PSU with multirails to take better advantage of it but if you have the second 8 Pin, then plug it in. Will also notice Temps around the CPU 8 pins will be slightly cooler use 2 plugged in then one

Associate
Got mine today. Fitting the Z390 Aorus Elite. However my Gigabyte G750H only has an 8 pin CPU connector and not an additional 4 pin.

Any advice appreciated?

Man of Honour
I had a look at the release notes for the latest bios that came out last week and it would seem that there are some new Intel cpu's coming along as it states "Support of future 9th Generation Intel® Core™ processors". Anybody know what else is coming out because F8 supports everything available so far? Surely Z390 isn't going to support their next release as well? :eek:

Soldato
I had a look at the release notes for the latest bios that came out last week and it would seem that there are some new Intel cpu's coming along as it states "Support of future 9th Generation Intel® Core™ processors". Anybody know what else is coming out because F8 supports everything available so far? Surely Z390 isn't going to support their next release as well? :eek:
Perhaps they're finally succumbing to the heat of Ryzen and sticking on some asbestos underpants to their existing chipsets....

Back
Top Bottom