Warcraft 1 and 2 on GOG

Is GOG its own platform or do you get WC 1 and 2 for Steam / Origin? Or is it just an installer that you download after you've paid for them?

I'm getting them too. I loved warcraft back in the day. I remember installing it using the 6 floppy disks. Ah happy days. So many memories.

I enjoyed WC 1 and 2 as well in the mid 90s. I never got to play WC 3 though as it was meant to be released in 1999, but Blizz kept on delaying it. So I jumped ship from WC 2 to AOE 2 which I consider to be the spiritual successor.

Soldato
OP
Is GOG its own platform or do you get WC 1 and 2 for Steam / Origin? Or is it just an installer that you download after you've paid for them?

GOG is a game store like Steam except you do not need to install a desktop client to install the games and all games on GOG are DRM free. There is an optional desktop client (which I use) called GOG Galaxy which works a lot like the Steam desktop client but as with everything on GOG all of the games are DRM free. If you do not want to use the desktop client you can just download the game installer from the GOG website and install it the old fashioned way.

Back
Top Bottom