XBox Mic Question

Associate
I've got a 1X and am currently loving The Division 2, a good mate of mine is buying it this weekend and we were planning on teaming up.

My XBox is connected up to a great surround system so I don't need a headset from an audio point of view, but a mic would be useful.

Any recommendations or suggestions? Even a mic with just a single earpiece? Can you connect a mic to the controller and set it up so I have his voice coming through the main speakers?

Never done it before, not sure what's best.

Thx :)

Soldato
I've got a 1X and am currently loving The Division 2, a good mate of mine is buying it this weekend and we were planning on teaming up.

My XBox is connected up to a great surround system so I don't need a headset from an audio point of view, but a mic would be useful.

Any recommendations or suggestions? Even a mic with just a single earpiece? Can you connect a mic to the controller and set it up so I have his voice coming through the main speakers?

You can get a single mic for it, and check settings for chat output - I think you can change between headset, speakers and both

Soldato

You will have to watch that your mic doesn't pick up all your output from your speakers and broadcast it to him/deafen him. Nothing worse than playing with a headset on and one of the others in your squad has the TV/speakers on!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the pointers. I'll have a look at the mic only options and see what's what. If it works properly with speakers all good, if he goes deaf due to the noise of the speakers I'll have to get a half decent headset and use it just when we team up I guess.

Back
Top Bottom