DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Soldato
I've had the same warning a couple of times (DoM: November 2018, running at 155hz), the one time I think it happened after the screen went into sleep mode (set to 15 minutes). I've found that simply powering the screen off then on again resolves things.

Associate
I've had my monitor for a few weeks now and I am super happy with it, having been using it over HDMI.
I have just purchased a display port cable though, and the monitor won't recognise it?

Anyone else experience this and have a fix/workaround?

Soldato
Monitor sometimes receives this message after reset or shut down.First 3-4 days everything was fine.Any idea whats happening.

https://imgur.com/a/2n0yUNd

I have a buttprint : Rev A01 januar 2019

https://imgur.com/a/Ag2jmTz

2n0yUNd

Happened to me a couple of times and not had it since running it at 144hz.

I thought it may have been because it's not officially supported by Nvidia.

Associate
There maybe quite a variation when it comes to quality in DP cables so I wouldn't go too cheap.

I have an Accell certified cable which I bought a while ago that has been perfect on every monitor I've owned.

I have no issues with it on my monitor at all running at 155 Hz.

Dell should have put one in though.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
There maybe quite a variation when it comes to quality in DP cables so I wouldn't go too cheap.

I have an Accell certified cable which I bought a while ago that has been perfect on every monitor I've owned.

I have no issues with it on my monitor at all running at 155 Hz.

Dell should have put one in though.

i have the exact same vesa certified cable and it's been faultless. think a lot of folk overlook the quality of cables out there. definitely agree though dell should've included a dp cable.

Associate
@

FreeSync on in monitor and nvidia control panel this settings.

https://imgur.com/a/mKwabKz

Reset pc later.

Managed to do it with no dramas.
Love it.
Cant believe how good this looks! Puts my old viewsonic 144hz tn to shame!
Only problem I'm getting now is my stream doesn't look as smooth, probably because of the resolution increase and running my old monitor as a 2nd screen for the twitch dashboard is hoggin a lot of extra power.

The only negative I have is that it didnt come with a dp cable when that is required to get all the advertised features.

Associate
Managed to do it with no dramas.
Love it.
Cant believe how good this looks! Puts my old viewsonic 144hz tn to shame!
Only problem I'm getting now is my stream doesn't look as smooth, probably because of the resolution increase and running my old monitor as a 2nd screen for the twitch dashboard is hoggin a lot of extra power.

The only negative I have is that it didnt come with a dp cable when that is required to get all the advertised features.
Probably best TN monitor on the market.Colors are amazing but my have low gamma from the box and buttprint.
I thinking RMA monitor but when i'm see the colors in the games RMA postponed :D

Last edited:
Associate
Probably best TN monitor on the market.Colors are amazing but my have low gamma from the box and buttprint.
I thinking RMA monitor but when i'm see the colors in the games RMA postponed :D
Yeah most have low gamma out of the box. Mine was around 1.8 but used the windows calibrator and got it to 2.1-2.2. Looks so much better now.
With low gamma dark areas in games look too grey/washed out, I noticed it a lot in Metro Exodus but after calibrating its great.

Associate
Yeah most have low gamma out of the box. Mine was around 1.8 but used the windows calibrator and got it to 2.1-2.2. Looks so much better now.
With low gamma dark areas in games look too grey/washed out, I noticed it a lot in Metro Exodus but after calibrating its great.
I've calibrated the nvidia control panel gamma 0.80 and digital vibrance 55%.Windows reset my ICC profile after shut down idk why.
I play the division 2 and far cry new dawn colors in the game are incredibly looking.Looks like IPS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom