• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading from 780TI for <£150

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade from my 780TI that came with this machine.

I have a MAXIMUM budget of £150 - happy to buy used. My use case is 1080p. CPU is a Ryzen 1600

Is there anything worth upgrading to for this budget?

Thanks

Soldato
No there's nothing worth upgrading too. Even the RX580 wont really be an improvement. You'd gain by having the additional graphics memory but at 1080p, only barely.

The 780Ti is still a good card for 1080p.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Wow I cant believe how relevant the 780Ti still is for 1080p

It's because the GPU makes have gotten greedy and performance in the £150-350 bracket has stagnated over the last few years.

The performance increases we used to see in any given price bracket has disappeared now unfortunately.

It basically means you have to wait much longer for a decent upgrade in any price range.

Soldato
I've been offered a Zotac 1070 (not the mini edition) for £140

worthwhile upgrade do we think?
Bite their hand off for that price IMO. It's a very healthy upgrade. You could also sell the 780 Ti and get more than half your money back, given they go for £85-100 on Ebay. Hell, even CeX give £51 cash for no hassle, which still brings the cost of upgrading well under £100.

Associate
Thats £50 below the current going price for a 1070 on the bay of eees.

A search suggests its only a 40% speed increase, though I doubt I could live with 3gb these days. And as stated above, you could sell the Ti card on.

Back
Top Bottom