Steel division 2 trailer - release 2nd may

Associate
OP
Just thought I would bump this thread.

The beta released yesterday and this game is great. Does everything the first game does but better.

The 2 maps in Beta are large and look great. Elevation now plays an important part in this game. If you shoot down an aircraft and it crashes into trees you will see the devestation.

Smoke effects are really good from all the burning wrecks that get created during the battle and the sounds were good of what I have seen so far, especially the katuysha rocket launcher.

The frontline system is still in it but to get points you now need to hold objectives. So you will only score if you frontline covers these objective points.

The deck building has had an overhaul,and its great.

The first game was problematic as deck building was limited and the best units were always phase c and maybe some in b.

Not anymore, you can have best units in phase a now but the availability would not be as good as day if you picked the card for phase c.

For example I take tiger tank card in phase a and I get two tigers, I pick it for phase c and that same card will give me 8 tigers.

On top of these you can now choose xp level of each card. Rookie, veteran and elite which again affects numbers and cost in terms of points.

Finally you can choose your income, you choose a income level called vanguard which gives all your points in phase a and b and little in c or you could pick juggernaut which is little income in phase a but loads in phase c.

These options gives each deck numerous combinations to play with so they don’t get stale or predictable.

Scale has now been increased in terms of amount do units, I just played a skirmish 1vs1 bs ai. In phase c I had about 40 t34 going around in tank wave of death, I had juggernaut income.

Early game was though in phase a as taking on tigers and panthers with weak at infantry. Luckily I picked good phase a bombers to hold these tanks from crushing me until I could bring on my own tank brigades in phase b.

Tank ranges have increased to 2000m, so germans tanks dominate these open ranges however the soviet can equal them under 1000m. So you use light forest cover and smoke to get close to them. Note the beta soviet division does not have is2 so could not go toe to toe but I did have the glass cannon isu152 which brought some pain on them.

Il try post some videos of gameplay soon. Btw there is going 4 dynamic campaigns for single player if you don’t like multiplayer or skirmish.

Got potential for rts of the year this. Beta is being run for two days a week up until May.

Typically Wednesday 3pm to Friday 3pm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom