• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX PRICE DROP: PRICES ARE COMING DOWN!!

Associate
Still quite a bit too expensive for my tastes, but good to see them moving in the correct direction. Hopefully we will see some market balance within the next year, things are still very skewed thanks to Nvidia and pricing their cards in such a way as to move on their old stock first.

Caporegime
Still quite a bit too expensive for my tastes, but good to see them moving in the correct direction. Hopefully we will see some market balance within the next year, things are still very skewed thanks to Nvidia and pricing their cards in such a way as to move on their old stock first.

Just imagine how they'll price the next gen to move these 20x0 cards!

Soldato
We're probably a decent chunk of time into this generation now. If you were gonna spend £1200 on a GPU you surely would've done it at release since these will likely depreciate insanely once the next lot of GPUs release.

Well we don't know that for sure, people thought their 1080ti's would depreciate yet I was able to sell my 1080ti for 75% of what I paid for it after 12 months of ownership

I do agree though, the 2080ti is overpriced and I don't expect future cards to be priced the same, also future cards will be on 7nm so expect big performance gains - it all points to getting pennies on the dollar for what we paid, but it's ok because as I mentioned half my 2080ti's price was covered by selling my 1080ti

Soldato
I think nVidia's top tier card (excluding Titans) is always going to be £1000+ from now on.

We'll just see more models filling in at the lower end of the scale at the price points people want to see (but not necessarily the performance they are expecting).

Why would they change anything when they have no competition?

Soldato
Its sad the 2080ti had not budged in price enough to facilitate even thinking about it... but the 599£ for a 2080 is INSANE. Anyone saying otherwise is simply just hating. People were jumping on 1080tis at that price so I see no reason why they shouldn't be with your 2080 offerings.

Of course, if you own a 1080ti, I wouldn't move to a 2080 but for everyone else, that must be very tempting. The 2080 with some settings adjustment can 4k most games.

lol it runs out of vram in some games at 4k where the 1080ti does not, would not touch it at £600.

Soldato
Ha ha, I hope they get hammered this gen and learn a valuable lesson about trying to rip off you're own bread and butter customers.

Exactly, and I hope the the people who had their trousers pulled down with this NV gen, particulary the god-awful 2080ti, have learned a lesson and will keep their wallets shut if NV try and ream them again.

Associate
Exactly, and I hope the the people who had their trousers pulled down with this NV gen, particulary the god-awful 2080ti, have learned a lesson and will keep their wallets shut if NV try and ream them again.

Yep when a big company is on a roll with its products they seem to get cocky then abuse the trust of the customers that put them in that position.

The minute there is an viable alternative then the customers will show how much loyalty they have. Happens time and time again.

Caporegime
Whatever anyone says about the prices of them, they must be selling, as Gibbo said, this has nothing to do with Nvidia, its him thats got a price drop.

If these cards were not selling, then Nvidia would drop the prices, its as simple as that, but they havn't, as ive said before, we will buy them, at any price.

Associate
Whatever anyone says about the prices of them, they must be selling, as Gibbo said, this has nothing to do with Nvidia, its him thats got a price drop.

If these cards were not selling, then Nvidia would drop the prices, its as simple as that, but they havn't, as ive said before, we will buy them, at any price.
I'm not so sure - this smells like a similar practice to intel who will doggedly not budge on price and would rather keep high margin and sell less units.

Soldato
Not strictly true. Some times it's important for the brand to be expensive for expensive sake. Look at Apple.

It would diminish the brand if they started selling budget devices and offering price cuts.

Expensive is sometimes a sales tactic. The luxury/premium brand.

Associate
Expensive is sometimes a sales tactic. The luxury/premium brand.

This is very true of apple and they also don't mind failures through out there branding. and now it seems NVidia are following apples marketing strategy. price high even if failures loom in the market, ignore customers and drag the loyal into your ecosphere.

the one problem is that sooner or later some company will beat your product and even the loyal will jump ship to own the best. its happened before and will happen again. sooner than later I hope with these prices for RTX

Soldato
I think nVidia's top tier card (excluding Titans) is always going to be £1000+ from now on.

Yep, thanks to the "must have Nvidia at any cost" people. All those people have done is shoot themselves in the foot. The AMD VII card is a belter card. People should be supporting AMD so they can catch up with Nvidia or offer some sort of competition in the high end again. More money for AMD R&D, means lower prices later on as Nvidia will have to be competitive price wise. God help those people having to turn a graphics dial down a notch to get 60FPS on an AMD card....

Back
Top Bottom