• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 49 35.0%

• Total voters
Associate
Been going to the gym regularly now for the past few weeks and watch to get a S4 to track my body. Where to get it the cheapest at the moment? Will treat it as sole a fitness tracker so no need for any bling.

Garmin forerunner 235, more that enough. I was considering an apple watch but prefer a round face. All my notifications come through to the watch so I don't need to touch my phone while driving. Battery life of 10-14 days. Usually get 10 plus days including GPS runs for two hours a week. More durable and less worried about knocks etc. Lots of set up and config options.

Best of all look different to everyone else with those awful rectangles on your wrist. If you want a fitness tracker there's no reason to go apple. All the data can transfer and be monitored on your iphone anyway.

Associate
Well I have an iPhone, Mac and all that jazz so like to keep the whole ecosystem going.

And as a fitness tracker what do you think the Apple Watch will do that the forerunner wont? The forerunner co-exists with all that as easily as the Apple Watch.

No offence intended but it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to justify one for yourself rather than buying the best fitness tracker for the purpose required. After getting a garmin I wouldn't consider any watch now that didn't give me at least 7 days no matter who makes it. Or chargeable on wrist, whats the point of a tracker that has to be removed every day or at night to charge.

Caporegime
And as a fitness tracker what do you think the Apple Watch will do that the forerunner wont? The forerunner co-exists with all that as easily as the Apple Watch.

No offence intended but it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to justify one for yourself rather than buying the best fitness tracker for the purpose required. After getting a garmin I wouldn't consider any watch now that didn't give me at least 7 days no matter who makes it. Or chargeable on wrist, whats the point of a tracker that has to be removed every day or at night to charge.

No offence taken and also no offence, I already made up my mind to buy one...I wasn't asking "which fitness tracker should I get", just want to know where to get the Apple Water the cheapest that's all.

I haven't tried the Garmin but if I were given one free, I'd give it away the next minute without trying it, I just have no interested in one.

Soldato
It's fair enough and i think you'll end up using it for more than you realise. I certainly preferred the Apple watch over the Garmin Vivoactive 3 after using both for a week, despite telling myself i mainly wanted it for running.

Not sure there are many great deals around for the S4 with it being the current model. Probably check out HDUK for any recent posts or wait for the next eBay 10% off deal. Sure it wont be far away.

You can get good savings on the S3 if that tempts you.

Soldato

The Apple Watch is a competent fitness tracker with so many other benefits though, Apple Pay, unlocking your Mac automatically, music streaming etc, he could have his watch in the gym and stream a playlist whilst working out etc

Commissario
OP
I didn’t buy the series four and I’m now thinking that I’ll hold off updating my series three to see what comes out later this year. I don’t need to upgrade this one, it’s working perfectly well.

I am debating whether to bother with the cellular model next time though. Although I have used it a couple of times, it’s not been often enough to justify the extra initial cost and monthly payment.

Back
Top Bottom