• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Anyone with a meaty clock (preferably under water) care to throw up their timespy basic scores? Just comparing. Went 2080ti in the end but would be curious how close you get as I almost went radeon VII.

have a look on the bench mark threads, my scores are there. with no power table adjustments 2100mhz core and 1200 mem is as high as I can go. on air it was 2050mhz. watman shows peak GPU Mhz not constant. water cooling keeps the junction temp below 75c and core about 45c or less in stress tests,
gaming 1440p 34 inch wide screen doom is 55c junction temp. but I think I need the power table mod so I can go above 20 in watman. your 2080ti will be faster in benchmarks as long as it lasts and don't play space invaders on you.

Soldato
have a look on the bench mark threads, my scores are there. with no power table adjustments 2100mhz core and 1200 mem is as high as I can go. on air it was 2050mhz. watman shows peak GPU Mhz not constant. water cooling keeps the junction temp below 75c and core about 45c or less in stress tests,
gaming 1440p 34 inch wide screen doom is 55c junction temp. but I think I need the power table mod so I can go above 20 in watman. your 2080ti will be faster in benchmarks as long as it lasts and don't play space invaders on you.
For £500 more it better be faster lol

Associate
Had a nice email today from Ek saying my waterblock has been dispatched then its time to see what my card can do
been having issues with 3dmark not downloading correctly in steam so will have to use in game benchmarks

Associate
Had a nice email today from Ek saying my waterblock has been dispatched then its time to see what my card can do
been having issues with 3dmark not downloading correctly in steam so will have to use in game benchmarks
To fix 3dmark in Steam right click on 3dmark in steam click properties then local files then verify integrity of application files that should fix it restart Steam
hope this helps

Associate
Bad news people! What I said a day or 2 back just happened! :mad:
There is a delay on the Alphacool blocks!

"Hello

Thank you for your message!

Unfortunately we can't send the order in the next few days because the delivery date from this item changed to 12.04.2019
We're sorry to inform you about this delay.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Nathanael Töws
Kunden Support/Customersupport"

Soldato
Bad news people! What I said a day or 2 back just happened! :mad:
There is a delay on the Alphacool blocks!

"Hello

Thank you for your message!

Unfortunately we can't send the order in the next few days because the delivery date from this item changed to 12.04.2019
We're sorry to inform you about this delay.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Nathanael Töws
Kunden Support/Customersupport"
Well that sucks, they were all so quick to market but only seen someone with the bykski one for real so far

Associate
OCUK are quoting 8th April for stock on the EK blocks, that's a whole week after EK themselves have quoted.

Hmm, could order direct and then my plans for next weekend will hopefully still be on :)

Bit peeved at the Alphacool ones being pushed back by several weeks, evidently they rushed to be first to market and fudged up!

Soldato
At least you have a date, and it was communicated well. Some companies completely fail at keeping their customers I formed.

I was never gonna water cool if I bought one, but these are really good results so far.

Associate
Hmm, could order direct and then my plans for next weekend will hopefully still be on :)

Bit peeved at the Alphacool ones being pushed back by several weeks, evidently they rushed to be first to market and fudged up!
"DPD Express € 3.70

Estimated Delivery Date: 2 April 2019"
That's what it's quoting in the cart on EK direct. So if you order this morning you might get it early next week!

Associate
At least you have a date, and it was communicated well. Some companies completely fail at keeping their customers I formed.

I was never gonna water cool if I bought one, but these are really good results so far.
I only got that response due to emailing them 2 days ago! So there customer service is shockingly slow!

Associate
Hey guys, has anyone had a chance to try OBS AMD encoder with the VII? I've reverted to encoding with this addon for OBS for various other problems, and whilst streaming to twitch it impacts the game perfromance the least (basically no impact whatsoever), it regularly experiences encoder overload and thus the stream stutters/freezes. I haven't been able to pinpoint whether the bottleneck occurs due to the gpu usage by the game or the OBS settings I use for the encoding, but it seems very random; thus was wandering if VII copes any better. Basically just looking for pretext to get my hands on a Radeon VII :p

Associate
Ordered from EKWB, put in a cancellation request for Alphacool order.

Did some measuring in my case and think I might go for 2x 280mm radiators as a 420mm at the top is likely to cause issues with the mobo as the back fan would hit the mobo's shroud.

EKWB estimate is delivered by 5th April which is cutting it fine for building it that weekend, hopefully they don't delay like Alphacool!

Soldato
well it seems a small increase using AB to watman timespy GFX score 10105 total score 10428 I think I will look into them power table mods over the weekend. max junction temp 74c max core temp 39c on that run.

And yea for 500 quid more I would want double the speed lol

Well... touch wood, so far, so good on the space invaders.
I'm hitting 16119 on graphics score so... yeah, it's perhaps not linearly worth the extra (though I paid £1k for this) but... that's a reasonable lead.

Genuinely wasn't in for trolling or measuring with a sneer, was more worried it would be a waste once Rad VII were tamed under water. That's still... ok. Not super, but ok. I'll live with that.

Back
Top Bottom