The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

Associate
However the other side showed beginning signs of the infamous failures that can lead to a cat breaking up and causing catastrophic engine failure.

i.php

Out of interest, why does the cat breaking up potentially cause engine failure?

Aren’t all dealers? I got quoted £640 for front discs and pads on my 35iS!

They do yes but I'd imagine a lot people driving high end supercars won't bat an eye at dealer costs. Financially, I imagine it's a drop in the ocean for a lot of them.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Out of interest, why does the cat breaking up potentially cause engine failure?

The way the cats are positioned means any debris sits in the exhaust manifold, this means in a negative pressure situation it can get sucked back into the engine.

In other really annoying news.

The decat pipes are absolutely trash.

i.php

i.php

The exhaust is in perfect position, and with the stock cats it lines up perfectly.

These fabspeed pipes however. Do not.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Ive authorized litchfields to chop them in half and extend them to fit.

Im absolutely mortified right now, this is their busiest time of year so to have a car stuck taking up a ramp for a few days over what was planned is going to have a knock on to their other work. I just cant get over how badly they fit.

Associate

Im absolutely mortified right now, this is their busiest time of year so to have a car stuck taking up a ramp for a few days over what was planned is going to have a knock on to their other work. I just cant get over how badly they fit.

Have you complained to whichever company made the decats etc? I assume they're supposed to fit perfectly.

Caporegime

I’d be straight on to the supplier and going all nuclear as you have quite the ability to do so..... ;)

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Have you complained to whichever company made the decats etc? I assume they're supposed to fit perfectly.
I’d be straight on to the supplier and going all nuclear as you have quite the ability to do so..... ;)

Yup, ive told them that im going to be expecting a refund to the tune of 1) the work to fix them and 2) the labor time ive incurred while we tried to work out if we were being retarded on the fitting.

If they dont offer that up in full will plaster it all over the various boards and social media, and get my money back via credit card chargeback.

Caporegime
Yup, ive told them that im going to be expecting a refund to the tune of 1) the work to fix them and 2) the labor time ive incurred while we tried to work out if we were being retarded on the fitting.

If they dont offer that up in full will plaster it all over the various boards and social media, and get my money back via credit card chargeback.

Nice. - wholly justified - but still nice! :cool:

Soldato
Thursday popped back expecting to be driving it home today, or well thats how the day started.

First thing head round the door and heyup the rear bumpers off! Excellent... oh... whos that on the next ramp along, none other than my old GTR in for a service :) :) :)

To be fair, it was on the ramp next to you on the Wednesday when you dropped it off too :D

OcUK Staff
Per night right? Else, Butlins

Was a Spring deal, Tower Suite as seen in far left, breakfast and dinner contribution included, £400 for two nights including 2pm check out on Sunday.
Highly recommend as really romantic and good all round place if you like an old fashion type of building/room. :)

f1.jpg

Soldato
Was a Spring deal, Tower Suite as seen in far left, breakfast and dinner contribution included, £400 for two nights including 2pm check out on Sunday.
Highly recommend as really romantic and good all round place if you like an old fashion type of building/room. :)

f1.jpg

That actually looks quite spot on. Whereabouts?

Also, re your spark plugs, didn't you opt for a service pack?

OcUK Staff
That actually looks quite spot on. Whereabouts?

Also, re your spark plugs, didn't you opt for a service pack?

Crewe Hall, Tower Suite, they have other Suites but the Tower is just incredible as you feel like your on top of world and its got 360 windows so you can watch sunrise and sunset together with some wine. :)

Yes car has service pack, but spark plugs are not until 60k miles.

As the car is a keeper, I am doing them now because end of day car is 15k miles, but also 4/5yr old and its done track days, so it really won't harm to do them. Just like if I do any track days, it shall get an oil change as well which is not actually required, but I feel good practice.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So! A few very stressful days later and my god this is what a supercar should sound like!!!!

Absolutely orgasmic to drive WOT, yet once the valves close and youre cruising, ZERO drone (i kid you not) and its just as quiet as factory. Kline have knocked it out the park with their setup.

Some quick videos today as was racing against downpours.

OcUK Staff
That sounds absolutely awesome mate, I can imagine in person it is totally insane as it sounded so loud and good on the factory system.

Did they do a dyno run?

Back
Top Bottom