What do you guys think of number plates for cyclists

Soldato
I used to cycle to work and used the path, mainly as I found it safer

Now I drive I don't cycle anymore I should do as I don't work far anyway getting back to my point, I can't see how it would work.

What I would say is punish cyclist who use the footpath when a cycle lane is right there and yes I would have included me in that.

So many that I see never have a cyclist on it yet its cost millions, reduced space for cars and mostly just seems a bloody waste

Soldato
well this thread is going to be fun........

treat em like mopeds- £0 VED is fine, but registration, mandatory third party insurance and compulsory basic training before road use please.

Soldato
well this thread is going to be fun........

treat em like mopeds- £0 VED is fine, but registration, mandatory third party insurance and compulsory basic training before road use please.

I can see the benefits of those measures. But for me, I value benefits it brings, for children especially, but also people of all ages much more highly. Espcially considering that we're living in an increadingly polluted world with worsening obesity levels.

I just feel that those measures put too much of a barrier in the way. And for me, is counter productive.

Soldato
Should all be identifiable some how, if thats number plates or a badge of some description then so be it.

Are the boris bikes numbered/easily identifiable as the idiots riding these tend to be just underneath the lycra morons

Caporegime
I’d rather have a 12 bore tbh.

The vast majority - certainly around an articulated truck - are a danger to themselves, usually without having any comprehension of being so.

Back
Top Bottom