*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Looking for some advice guys.

Our family Switch appears to be faulty. When inserting a game card, the spring mechanism appears to be broken as the card no longer locks into place when pushed in.

Console is approx 9 months old. Am I able to take it back to where it was purchased? I still have the receipt. Or do I have to contact Nintendo?

Soldato
Looking for some advice guys.

Our family Switch appears to be faulty. When inserting a game card, the spring mechanism appears to be broken as the card no longer locks into place when pushed in.

Console is approx 9 months old. Am I able to take it back to where it was purchased? I still have the receipt. Or do I have to contact Nintendo?

Try the retailer first.

Soldato
It's the same thing. You just have to link your Twitch account to your Amazon one. I had some issues with it in that when I tried to link my Twitch account it directed me to Amazon.com not co.uk and it said that I do not have Prime on .com. I gave up in the end but I might have another look tonight.

Soldato
Regardless of whether the faulty Switch is handled by the original retailer or Nintendo, it's inevitable the console will be factory reset or replaced with a new unit, so I need to somehow back up the game saves and restore when I get the unit back.

I have an account on the console linked to a Nintendo account to enable purchases, etc. Daughter has a local account but that account has all the game saves that I really don't want to lose.

Are you able to copy the save game data to the SD card, insert into new unit and then restore?

Or is it best to sign up to the online pass? I understand it allows cloud game saves but if the pass is linked to my account, does that mean the game saves on my daughters local account won't be backed up?

Associate
It's the same thing. You just have to link your Twitch account to your Amazon one. I had some issues with it in that when I tried to link my Twitch account it directed me to Amazon.com not co.uk and it said that I do not have Prime on .com. I gave up in the end but I might have another look tonight.
How did you solve that? Think I'm having the same issue! :(

Associate
Was tempted to get a switch but with all the heavy rumours of a pro version I'm going to wait until e3

Gutted but tbh id be more annoyed missing it to have a little sooner

Associate
I didn't. At work now so I can't give it another go until later. Even when clicking on the UK flag to select your location it still takes you to Amazon US.

Ah I'm still getting the same issue.

Even if I go through the amazon.co.uk site to link my Twitch it redirects along the line.

Caporegime
Anyone won a game of Tetris 99?

Made it into Top 10!

It’s so bloody hard at time, you’d think you are doing amazing with 30 people left and you are 1 like off the base and then a dozen silver lines pops up and it’s WTF! Especially when it pushes up and I’m putting down a block and twisting it...so it lands on the wrong way up and then screws me over.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't. At work now so I can't give it another go until later. Even when clicking on the UK flag to select your location it still takes you to Amazon US.
Sorted it out with the support guys.

My billing address on the card didn't match the current address with the bank (I forgot to update)

When trying to link it reauthenticated and was failing. Soon as I changed it to the right address it was all fine.

Back
Top Bottom