Buying a used diesel, win-win?

Associate
Still doing quite a lot of motorway miles so decided to treat myself to a 3y old Skoda Superb with all the bells and whistles for only £5k! Granted it had over 100k miles but I am sure with good maintenance it will do many more being only a 3 year old model.
Seems that there will be even better deals for diesels in the forthcoming years so probably time to buy your dream limo even if it going to be for only a few years!

Man of Honour
You bought a 2016 Superb for 5k?!

Even if it's a bottom of the range manual with 100k that's half its retail value. You can't generally buy a 2016 Superb for 5k?

Soldato
Still doing quite a lot of motorway miles so decided to treat myself to a 3y old Skoda Superb with all the bells and whistles for only £5k! Granted it had over 100k miles but I am sure with good maintenance it will do many more being only a 3 year old model.
Seems that there will be even better deals for diesels in the forthcoming years so probably time to buy your dream limo even if it going to be for only a few years!
Presumably that's mates rates or it's written off or something?

The cheapest 2016 car on Autotrader is £8,000 for a 125,000 miler, low spec car.

Soldato
It's late 15 reg. Just happened to be at the right place the right time :)
Did a man offer it to you out of the back of a lorry as he was attaching a new set of numberplates while his mate scratched off some weird number under the windscreen?

Soldato
Yeah that's silly money unless the thing has double the mileage you're alluding to and or it is the old model.

If you genuinely bought a 100kish car for that money and it doesn't crap it's engine out in the next year it is indeed hard to see how you got a bad deal tbh

Soldato
I had assumed you were talking about Mk3 Superbs, rather than the last of the Mk2 facelifts, that'll account for some of the difference in people's expectations.

Back
Top Bottom