LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Snooze you lose I guess.
People should have pre-ordered.

But up to now you haven't really seen a freesync monitor on price parity (or if you like at a premium) when compared to it's g-sync counter part.
If Nvidia had not opened up support that would have definitely not been the case.

The tides has reversed, the F version is now considered the top dog because it works equally as well with both Nvidia and AMD GPUs. (will become a more important factor if Navi delivers later this year).

To be honest if the g-sync variant could have reached 144hz, I think that would have helped sway some pre-sale choices here, as most of us are rocking GTX or RTX GPUs.

Last edited:
Associate
Really poor show from OC on the shipping I have found, I bought mine about two weeks ago with Saturday delivery. I've also just spent around a lot more on components for a new build but they have still only shipped it Monday to Friday delivery. Gonna need to take a day off work or wait until next Saturday to get it delivered but still been charged the Saturday costs!

Dont really fancy such an expensive bit of kit arriving at my house only to be chucked back on the van.

Really poor show from OC on the shipping I have found, I bought mine about two weeks ago with Saturday delivery. I've also just spent around a lot more on components for a new build but they have still only shipped it Monday to Friday delivery. Gonna need to take a day off work or wait until next Saturday to get it delivered but still been charged the Saturday costs!

Dont really fancy such an expensive bit of kit arriving at my house only to be chucked back on the van.

Could you not of had it delivered to your work place? (or are you on the road).

Associate
Snooze you lose I guess.
People should have pre-ordered.

But up to now you haven't really seen a freesync monitor on price parity (or if you like at a premium) when compared to it's g-sync counter part.
If Nvidia had not opened up support that would have definitely not been the case.

The tides has reversed, the F version is now considered the top dog because it works equally as well with both Nvidia and AMD GPUs. (will become a more important factor if Navi delivers later this year).

To be honest if the g-sync variant could have reached 144hz, I think that would have helped sway some pre-sale choices here, as most of us are rocking GTX or RTX GPUs.

The clincher for me was actually ELMB and then fixing the lag bug in the F firmware also the screen is still exceptionally bright with the ELMB on. Was waiting for the lg 38" that's coming but it could be a long wait and this screen sounds great.

Associate
Landed an hour ago. No Bleed, no dead/stuck pixels, colour looks uniform across the full panel, G-Sync got detected and automatically switched to it on soon as FreeSync 2 extended was enabled on the monitor (not done any demo or game yet) super happy so far. Software including firmware from here went on without a hitch - https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-34GK950F-B

Only slight funny I had was when the monitor first came up my GPU detected it at 120 and if set to 144 it went a bit wonky but for reference if anyone has similar it ended up being the DP port used on my GPU a 1080ti only did a stable 144 on one particular port. This is my first experience of Ultrawide but my previous monitor wasn't too shabby - ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q.

This feels epic so far, good luck to all that have this monitor landing over the weekend and early next week I hope your first experiences are as smooth as mine.

EDIT: G-Sync appeared in control panel straight away on enabling Freesync 2, but didn't automatically enable it as I stated above. You do need to check box "Enable settings for the selected display model" didn't notice that at first was just testing g-sync with pendulum demo and thought it wasn't working but after checking that option all good. UFO test also a rock solid 144

Last edited:
Received my unit, would like to say it's good news, but no ..... :( Sad times.

Bummer, some bad luck on the panel lottery there.

You tried all the normal stuff like wiggling connectors, gently shaking back and forth, pressing and running your thumb along the trim etc?

I'm not sure what the deal is with the warranty.
In cases like this does OCUK take them back and exchange them? -or- do we have to deal with LG directly?

In any case someone has to help you, so I would contact OCUK asap to report the fault.

Last edited:
Associate
OK lads here is tonight's target.
Ram raid, in/out, 60 seconds max.
Keep it clean, you are looking for 3 or 4 pallets of LG monitors lol.

ocuk_hq.png

;)
haha class ....maybe i can join the team ....back in the day i was known as "smudge" the cat burglar ....i'l get me coat!

Associate
Bummer, some bad luck on the panel lottery there.

You tried all the normal stuff like wiggling connectors, gently shaking back and forth, pressing and running your thumb along the trim etc?

I'm not sure what the deal is with the warranty.
In cases like this does OCUK take them back and exchange them? -or- do we have to deal with LG directly?

In any case someone has to help you, so I would contact OCUK asap to report the fault.

It's nothing to do with connectors , it's there even with nothing connected when you press the button to bring it out of standby it's there. It's the screen that's cracked or something.

Overclockers are collecting on Monday and sending out a replacement :) so only a few more days wait.

Sucks I know

Back
Top Bottom