• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus RTX 2060 - Disappointing VR performance

Associate
It's not running Fallout 4 VR as well as my old 980ti (RIP) did. I've had to turn down the resolution from 140% to 100% to get it playable.

Disappointing, to say the least, having just spent £300 :(

Anything in particular I should tweak, or should I think about sending it back to OC and paying even more to swap it for a 2080? :(

Associate
I would expect the 2060 to beat the 980ti but not by all that much. Is it just fallout that it's a problem with or all vr games?

Associate
OP
Fallout 4 VR is what I had been playing before my old card died, so it happened to be what I tried first. It was very noticably choppier using the exact same settings I had for my 980ti.

SteamVR itself suggests a 160% resolution, where it suggested 140% for the 980ti, however even at 100% it is still going into "motion smoothing" mode and doesn't look great.

The Steam VR home works fine, as does Space Pirate Trainer - Unfortunately FO4VR is known to be badly optimised and need a beast of a card, I am just shocked that this one seems to perform worse than my old one...

Associate
OP
Hmm, not explicitly, but a new version installed after I put the new card in.

I have decided to bite the bullet, I won't be happy with this card now, so I am sending it back and have ordered a 2080 to replace it.

Prayers for my wallet gratefully received ;)

Back
Top Bottom