• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Considering pretty much every new card released now (considering the 1660ti seems to be about the bottom of the stack) need a VERY high end processor with a decent overclock to keep them fed with work in most games at 1080p...
Why isn't it reasonable to relegate 1080p in the same way as 720p isn't serious business now either?

Folks need to move on.

They don't need to put effort into specific 1080p support when basically any card from now will be sat twiddling it's thumbs up to half the time in 1080p workloads.
Removing specific effort as it's utterly trivial for modern hardware seems quite sensible.

94% of steam users still game at 1080p or lower. You have to remember that this is an enthusiasts forum and doesn't reflect the real world.

Soldato
Lisa Su will be revealing stuff at Computex on 27th May.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/mi..._will_host_computex_2019_s_premiere_keynote/1

Lisa said:
As one of the most important global events for our industry, I look forward to COMPUTEX each year. I am honored to deliver the opening keynote this year and provide new details about the next generation of high-performance AMD platforms and products. With our partners, we will tell the story of how leading-edge technologies and an open ecosystem are driving an inflection point in computing and industry innovation and positively impacting several important markets.

Soldato
not sure if this has been posted up yet

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-x570-and-x499-motherboards-listed-at-eec

and if some of your recall, last month I stated X570 vrm is better then Z390s .

now its not hard to put the z390 list and the above list and 'predict' the VRM style/count/cooling etc.

happy days

* if your an asus fan... just remove the Aorus for Asus and you'll have their boards...

also see the amount Gigabyte is now throwing at Ryzen 3000. X370 had a few but X470 was rather limited :(
Quick fact, Gigabyte were actually the largest Board supplier/seller for AM3/FM2 :)

Soldato
I think so too. As usual AMD just delays and delays. The motherboard excuse seems pointless - why not release the 65w and 95w models now then? It wouldn't surprise me the bigger issue might be clockspeeds,ie,what they got back from the fabs was not quite what they expected. It's usually the reason AMD delays stuff.

always been set for Q3 , first week or two from Q4 last year .

looking at motherboards being developed, AMD didn't screw up engineering samples like they did with Zen1 Gen 1 ... hopefully Second set of Engineering samples sent out ( all leaked benches on first batch) can be pushed higher !
this time around It's known knowledge of RAM Speed effecting performance of Zen 1 , vendors can get good ram support if or hopefully not, faster speeds can effect performance

Soldato
always been set for Q3 , first week or two from Q4 last year .

looking at motherboards being developed, AMD didn't screw up engineering samples like they did with Zen1 Gen 1 ... hopefully Second set of Engineering samples sent out ( all leaked benches on first batch) can be pushed higher !
this time around It's known knowledge of RAM Speed effecting performance of Zen 1 , vendors can get good ram support if or hopefully not, faster speeds can effect performance

Every rumour said summer.Summer has already started.

Soldato
94% of steam users still game at 1080p or lower. You have to remember that this is an enthusiasts forum and doesn't reflect the real world.

Yep we have been over this before in this same thread. 1080p is still the most used res out.

Yet ironically, more than 85% of users are still using a GPU that is less powerful than a GTX 1070/Vega 56 (according to the same survey), so all they need is a 4c/8t CPU at 4Ghz to get the most from their cards. So I guess that not one of them needs a Ryzen 3000 series CPU at all, stick with the i7 2600K etc. ;)

Soldato
You do realise that summer starts on 21st June and ends 23rd September? So yes, Ryzen 3000 should come out in the summer as planned.

You do realise I just made a post right after the next one regarding the latest release date. You might want to read that too! :D

I do find it interesting people are adjusting their expectations now.

Last year everyone was so sure it would be 12 months from the launch of 12NM Ryzen
(April 2019),then it was June which is 15 months,now its close to 18 months with the end of September.

:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom