US: **The Walking Dead Season 9 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
Didn't manage to agree terms for a new contract I think.

Can't imagine 5 seconds on a muffled radio would cost that much (or could have been done by a sound-alike, given that I didn't think the radio voice was particularly distinguishable)

Agreed, but it would seem a little pointless to end the season on that broadcast if she isn't returning. The last I had read was that she has definitely left the show and was pursuing other roles (might be wrong of course).

Associate
Yeah, that was very unexpected!

Particularly as my wife and i were expecting it to be Carol/The King that died

ive been playing catch up with the last two episodes. Am i missing something, but how did they all get captured in the first place? She got into the grounds and met her daughter, but nothing else was shown!?

Associate
really underwhelmed with this show now.
Also I didn't understand how there was so much snow and blizzards everywhere yet where the whisperers were there was no snow and it was all green and seemed warm - did they move away from the area ?

Soldato
ive been playing catch up with the last two episodes. Am i missing something, but how did they all get captured in the first place? She got into the grounds and met her daughter, but nothing else was shown!?

Nope, like a lot of things in the show you need to switch off your brain.

"Oh look, these zombies are frozen, but these others that were encased in snow have suddenly thawed just in time to make them a threat"

really underwhelmed with this show now.
Also I didn't understand how there was so much snow and blizzards everywhere yet where the whisperers were there was no snow and it was all green and seemed warm - did they move away from the area ?

Think i did hear a comment about now having returned (bare in mind this episode took place a few months after the previous one), but if that scene was on their return i also have no idea where the snow is. Therefore see above about brain!

Soldato
i think after the previous episode we all expected a massive final episode which sadly never materialized. shame. ive enjoyed this season.up until the last episode.

what was the garbled radio message about ? the interesting thing is negan is probably going to become rick. which is odd when you think about it. especially whats gone on.

Very disappointing end of season finale. Show feels like it's become a jigsaw that no-one really knows what the picture should be, or even if they have all the pieces. I wasn't really blown away by the previous episode, for me it was 90% flannel and 10% wow, here we go...

It's starting to make very little sense. I'm not sure exactly how big the time-jump is supposed to be (5-6 years??) as Judith has grown quite a bit. But looking back, they fought a stream of evermore evil and twisted baddies and prevailed only to be levelled by a winter storm? Really?

Miraculously the whisperers who live out in the wood who eat worms and frogs appear to be doing OK. Doesn't make any sense. They've not so much as mentioned any food rationing in the past. Only vague mentions of not having any to spare and a cold snap reduces them to abandoning the Kingdom.

Not read the books but it feels like Negan is on the brink or being partially accepted into the group, so reading between the lines at some point he's going to go full on mental to protect Judith form the Whisperer's even if the group bottle it. Maybe even split the group.

I don't think the radio message will be Maggie. (for one I think she's left the show) also the writers have been talking about "opening up the world" for months.

Caporegime
Very disappointing end of season finale. Show feels like it's become a jigsaw that no-one really knows what the picture should be, or even if they have all the pieces. I wasn't really blown away by the previous episode, for me it was 90% flannel and 10% wow, here we go...

It's starting to make very little sense. I'm not sure exactly how big the time-jump is supposed to be (5-6 years??) as Judith has grown quite a bit. But looking back, they fought a stream of evermore evil and twisted baddies and prevailed only to be levelled by a winter storm? Really?

Miraculously the whisperers who live out in the wood who eat worms and frogs appear to be doing OK. Doesn't make any sense. They've not so much as mentioned any food rationing in the past. Only vague mentions of not having any to spare and a cold snap reduces them to abandoning the Kingdom.

Not read the books but it feels like Negan is on the brink or being partially accepted into the group, so reading between the lines at some point he's going to go full on mental to protect Judith form the Whisperer's even if the group bottle it. Maybe even split the group.

I don't think the radio message will be Maggie. (for one I think she's left the show) also the writers have been talking about "opening up the world" for months.

if you think about it logically. the whispers live on bare nothing but the ultimate basics. while the people we follow are in camps and have become accustomed to a more easier time. so yes id expect the whispers to do better in such harsh conditions. even the head lead said this in previous episodes. how their way of living was a thing of the past.

Don

The radio could be from someone at "the commonwealth", which is where Maggie apparently went, with that woman who had the book of plans for structures etc last season.

This would "open up the world", and also allow a possible avenue for Maggie's return assuming they are able to renegotiate her contract.

* I haven't actually read the comics, just seen "the commonwealth" mentioned on other websites

Agreed, but it would seem a little pointless to end the season on that broadcast if she isn't returning.

Indeed, especially given the other name-drop/hinting mentioned in this episode. "have we heard from Maggie?", "The council have sent her letters" etc.

Soldato
I've not read the comics, just picked up the odd little nugget here and there. I suspect the "Message" with be first contact with the commonwealth. Though I'm not sure Maggie will return.

Also It was mentioned that the scene with Lydia allowing herself to be bitten was pinched from the comics. In the comics it's how Carole commits suicide. So they were saying on the Talking Dead.

I think we are going to have a little "creative writing" in that the message may have been, from Maggie. Even if it wasn't actually her broadcasting the message.

Last edited:
Soldato
The radio could be from someone at "the commonwealth", which is where Maggie apparently went, with that woman who had the book of plans for structures etc last season.

This would "open up the world", and also allow a possible avenue for Maggie's return assuming they are able to renegotiate her contract.

* I haven't actually read the comics, just seen "the commonwealth" mentioned on other websites

That's interesting... would give the show a new dynamic I guess.

Soldato
in know i've bashed this show for a while now but i cant see how even the most die hard fan can have the enjoyment they once did. think back to when it was decent and it seems like a different show now. the walkers aren't even arsed to act properly anymore

Soldato
in know i've bashed this show for a while now but i cant see how even the most die hard fan can have the enjoyment they once did. think back to when it was decent and it seems like a different show now. the walkers aren't even arsed to act properly anymore

Can't really argue with that. The early series were far more engrossing with interesting characters and story lines. While I understand that there needs to be a turnover of characters to drive the storyline forwards, for me there have been too many gory deaths for effect. It's become way too formulistic. That said I still watch it because I like the genre and theres nowt else like it on at the moment. It does have a fair few filler episodes that feel like a soap opera and they are just padding. Plus theres an element of you cant just keep going more ott for every series finale, it just wears a bit thin. Never mind GoT is back with us shortly.

Associate
Did I miss a few things in that season? A lot of things seemed barely explained or else I wasn't really paying attention. There were a couple of throw away lines about issues at the kingdom, then suddenly it was abandoned and looked like it had half burned down but we got to see none of it. There was the big time jump where everyone had fallen out with each other for some unknown reason that was never properly explained. Maggie AWOL the entire season for no reason etc. A lot of it just seemed poorly written and left to the viewer to fill in the gaps with imagination/assumptions or was that just me?

The lack of snow at the whisperers camp was also weirdly jarring considering everyone else nearly died from it. Very anti climactic finale after the previous episode.

Man of Honour
Did I miss a few things in that season? A lot of things seemed barely explained or else I wasn't really paying attention. There were a couple of throw away lines about issues at the kingdom, then suddenly it was abandoned and looked like it had half burned down but we got to see none of it. There was the big time jump where everyone had fallen out with each other for some unknown reason that was never properly explained. Maggie AWOL the entire season for no reason etc. A lot of it just seemed poorly written and left to the viewer to fill in the gaps with imagination/assumptions or was that just me?

The lack of snow at the whisperers camp was also weirdly jarring considering everyone else nearly died from it. Very anti climactic finale after the previous episode.

I assume we’ll have more flashback episodes.

Soldato
Just caught up :)

What a season finale let down, should have definitely gone with the spikey heads episode as that would have set up for a potential all out war next season.

Still watching (as i have invested too much time not to see it to the end!) but **** me i am sick of watching people farm and talk about their feelings.

Back
Top Bottom